I would like to know if theres anyother rednecks that play on this server besides me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jtpate1, Sep 30, 2012.

1. lol really i have seen a bambi at where i hunt it had spots on it
  2. come to smp8 to see my res
  3. I grew up with them so I definitely have some of it in me... for example on my keyboard I have a schrade old timer 60TW pocketknife, and carry it and a mini maglite with me whenever I go out...

but I don't really consider myself much of one because Im much more scientific and cerebral than anyone I grew up around.

However, I definitely have the history. being in the NRA, firing all manner of guns, hunting for deer (I was miserable at it! but good at the shooting part), driving a honda 200m and then a honda big red 3 wheeler doing chores (mostly mowing the brush and feed plot ploughing and seeding and such with them and implements designed for them), using a 1953 allis-chalmers CA with belly mower to mow the lawn, taking half a day long nature walks in the woods... my first car being a 1985 S10 4x4.... having learned to drive an an ancient split-diff C60 grain truck which was so tempermental you had to feather the gas and play footsie with gas, clutch, and brake just to drive it... bucking hay... yeah I definitely have those roots.
  4. I'm not a redneck, but I live with a bunch of rednecks, and am engaged to a redneck, and live in redneck city (Kiln, Mississippi), and love country music. Wait... I think I just classified myself as a redneck.
    Gap542, jkjkjk182, bonzd67 and 5 others like this.
  5. Where I come from there apparently are Hillbillies and Rednecks, even though the two sound similar. It's also apparently insulting to call each by the other name. Big parts of my family are hillbillies but I can't stand it. Growing up I used to hunt with my dad, grandpa, uncle and mom. Grandparents lived on a small farm, we lived in town and mom had chickens, ducks and goats. We've had "hog killin's" and all that. I am pretty opposite now though. I can't stand country music or bluegrass or any of that and at times my mom's half of the family are so bad they are embarrassing.
  6. I was born an raised in Arkansas does that make me one?
  7. I just googled it.... and wiki's definition is kind of mean... so we might just want to say " country folk" instead of redneck..
    jaqiefox and PandasEatRamen like this.
  8. Without having read wikipedia's definition of it, I would have to say from personal experience most of them would most likely fit the definition. I haven't many good memories from growing up around those type of people. Quite the opposite, in fact.

~edit~
    Yep, having read wikipedia's article on redneck, it's pretty accurate.
  9. Well I was going to post the definition from wiki, but it was seriously mean in a way. But I agree with you... wiki is I think, is too harsh on rednecks. I'm sure anybody else would have the perfect definition of a redneck. :)
  10. No, it's not mean at all. I lived through that stuff in central Illinois growing up, and that wikipedia entry is pretty dang accurate.
  11. I've decided not to call myself a "redneck" because I come from a native american family :D
  12. lol XD
  13. I don't see a difference between Rednecks and Hillbillies :s