I Need enchanting advice....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ThaKloned, Dec 18, 2014.

1. I'm looking to enchant a nice armor set and have no clue what works best and what not to use. I need a good combo for just normal play. I don't PVP so don't need that, just something that can help with harder levels and general play.

My current gear is:

Helmet: Protection 4, Unbreak 3, Respiration 3 & Aqua Affinity 1
    Chestplate: Projectile Protection 4
    Leggings: Fire Protection 4
    Boots: Protection 4, Unbreaking 3, Feather Falling 4 & Thorns 2

I'm willing to make from scratch so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! :D
  2. if its nto for pvp dont use thorns as it will break your armor faster and not really hurt the mobs. also unbreaking on everything is a must. for extended wild activity have featherfalling4 on boots and resp and aqua on helmet but for just pve the helmet ones arent really necessary. now the level of protection you want kind of depends on the environment you spend alot of time in. my nether set usually is all fire protection except my helmet which is blast protection, this is good to give me some extra time to escape lava or drink a fire resist potion and also keeps ghasts from breaking my helmet (the part they hit most often).
    for overworld i would probably just go regular protection except projectile on your helm for enraged skellies.
    ShelLuser, highlancer54 and ThaKloned like this.
  3. Usually the best set is just UNB III and PROT IV on the pants and chest, the helmet looks good but those thorns will come back to haunt you on the boots as bitemenow said. Even in the nether you can swim in lava for quite a while(and regen on land faster then you take damage).
    ThaKloned likes this.
  4. I agree with bitemenow and canuckshockey.

For the Nether, I use the following:
    Helmet: Fire Protection 4, Unbreaking 3
    Chestplate: Fire Protection 4, Unbreaking 3
    Leggings: Fire Protection 4, Unbreaking 3
    Boots: I use voter's boots - It is only protection 1 but has Feather Falling 5 which is great for me because I tend to get blasted off platforms by Ghasts. The best thing is it is unbreakable and soul bound.

For the Wild, I either use all voter armor (not the best protection but unbreakable) or I use the following:
    Helmet: Voter's helmet - It is only protection 1 but Respiration 3 & Aqua Affinity 5 which means I have see underwater as if I drank a Night Vision potion and I can stay underwater for over 1 minute before taking damage. Plus it is unbreaking and soul bound.
    Chestplate: Protection 4, Unbreaking 3
    Leggings: Protection 4, Unbreaking 3
    Boots: I use either voter's boots if I think I'm going to fall or boots with Protection 4, Unbreaking III
    highlancer54 and ThaKloned like this.
  5. Thanks all for the tips. I've lost my previous good set in the nether in a pool of lava lol so I wanted something to give me more time to get out if need be. I will use this info and make a good set (or 2 :p)

Thanks all!!
  6. The above advice looks spiffy!
    Even as important as the armor, is making sure you have a fire resistant potion in your hot bar at all times. (8 minutes).

This way, if mining and fall into lava, you don't die.
    Nether? Saves my life every time.
    Then, if you run across a momentus or a marlix, helps against those mobs also!

Secondary is having a stack of enderpearls. Can definitely help to get out of sticky situations, however not really 'necessary' in most situations.

Do this, and you will wonder how you ever lived without it.
  7. to add onto highlancer, always have one ender chest on you with a few inside the enderchest, they are cheap but invaluable
    ThaKloned likes this.
  8. All great advice! Thank you.
  9. Entire armor being Protection 4, Unbreaking 3 is imo the best enchants for anything