i hate griefers

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by p2nda, Jan 7, 2016.

1. I[ve been griefed again, this time in wasteland. ok i know its temporary but even temporary i dont see a reason to be griefed. Me and nyhl spent long time building 3 triple XP farms for public use and facilities. Why people are so stupud? now they are permanent banned. and me and Nyhl will never do a public xp farm again.. im very sad about this :(
  2. How close to spawn is it? If it's close to spawn then it's more likely to get griefed by the annoying players that come on for five minutes and then get themselves banned. It's annoying, but it's going to happen.

But, if you build it further out, then the chances of griefing are very significantly reduced. But, no matter what your location, staff will always help you so always bring it to them when you are in need.
    p2nda likes this.
  3. No one griefs my nether rail anymore.
    p2nda likes this.
  4. Yes, i know, the griefers are banned, but the effort we did building that pace doesnt worth anymore to rebuild. they broke the spawners. yes was close from outpost and i though this was good for people earn easyly XP but i was wrong. i was just trying to help :(
    Moonglum_ likes this.
  5. It is tough indeed when others break builds.
    As to why, who knows. Some are just kids who do not know better.
    Others think it is 'fun' to destroy hours and hours of work.
    To try to get into the mindset of a 'griefer' goes a bit beyond me.
    Don't be discouraged from trying to help.
    The thing I always kept in mind...
    What really benefits a player?
    Are they new? Are they starting out?
    For a newer player, I try to ease them into the wastelands.
    If a seasoned player, new to EMC, I show them the various areas.
    I do not try to show them XP farms and larger builds right off the bat.

I call it the zen of EMC. You have to learn how to enjoy the game :).
    True, that many get enjoyment out of many different things. This will be learned in time, what one loves the best.

However, never be discouraged p2nda, the players you help will remember good deeds.

Rule of thumb, is the closer to spawn, or the more public any build is... the more likely it is to get griefed.

Onto the next :D Never give up!
    white_trash_dna, p2nda and Moonglum_ like this.
  6. yes, you are right :D Thank you for your words ... btw, i rebuild some of the XP but this time i closed the tunnels and we hide as maximum possible the entrances :D
    highlancer54 likes this.
  7. I've tried using this and don't understand, what it shows is the names of people who -what? placed blocks or removed blocks within the area I specified? Or anyone who was in the area during the time frame?
    p2nda likes this.
  8. its only shows who was in the place, if is someone you dont know, probably is the griefer
  9. cool, Thanks for explaining; I'll have to try it again next time weird things happen at my outpost ;)
    p2nda likes this.
  10. But if it's a public place, then it's possible that other people could have been there that didn't grief your outpost, so it's advised to tell moderators and then they can use their own tools to track and ban the griefer :)
    p2nda likes this.
  11. I could tell you a number of stories, where a player was convinced who the griefer was, only to have me look at it, to figure out what they thought they were seeing, may have only been a small part of anything.
    That being said, staff can never tell you who destroyed your work, but rest assured, those responsible do not stick around for very long, and once we intervene, they are no longer a bother.
    Most of the time, that tool you speak of is good to know if someone is around your obscure, hidden base, however you may spend hours watching and wondering, while mods can look at what happened for you ;).

Remember, it is never, ever a bother when you need help. It is what we all do! From time to time, we may get busy or bogged down with things, however you are more than welcome to lean on us for the things we can help you with!

If there is a grief, and the person is unknown, do a quick /staff or strike up a private convo in the forums with the relevant information, and you will get helped :) ((and information, such as coordinates around where the destruction is, timeframe in which it happened, what friends help you build out there... :D))

Well, time to bring in the WeekEnd! Good luck!
    We3_Nub_, PetuniaFigtree and FDNY21 like this.