I don't like creepers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mynetdude, Apr 8, 2012.

1. PETC People for the Ethical Treatment of Creepers.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  2. Creepers tend to just wander around aimlessly, although normally not 800m...

Sometimes someone will be using a animal or mob farm of some type and the mob cap will get reached, and then very few mobs will spawn naturally. Otherwise, the spawn rate for any given area is fairly random.

I don't know if they will wander up, or down, or towards you. I know Mojang hired an AI expert to work on Minecraft, and the result of his first week was the zombies-hit-doors upgrade. I'm sure if the creeper AI is funny then it will be fixed.

They can die if they fall a long distance.

And if you want obsidian, make a generator that turns redstone into obsidian. I have one at my res on smp2 if you want to come by.
  3. ok never heard of that, but redstone is that the stuff that's easily dug in nether? Looks like bricks but they aren't? Or are they special blocks? I'll def come by on SMP2 I'll let you know when I get on :)
  4. Oi... nooo I'd rather have People for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies! :p PETZ ;)
    HylianNinja likes this.
  5. torches within 5 blocks away
  6. 5 blocks away from what?
  7. A dark spot all blocks need to be within 5 blocks of a torch
  8. Redstone is the dust you get from blocks as low as lava. Looks kind of like a diamond or iron or gold but it is red specks instead.The reddish blocks in the nether are called netherrack.

Your best bet to stop creepers creepin' (ahaha) up on you is to build a little outpost in your cave. Put walls and a roof and door on it, and like up the area in side it and around 20 blocks outside it each way. Oh and light up the roof too if there's enough space for anything to spawn.This will mean you have a safe area inside, and creepers shouldn't pick up your presence so you'll be able to walk out your safe area.. well, safely.

Hope this helps :)
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  9. Thas how u do it
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  10. Oh! Redstone! /smacks self head!

Yeah that stuff, you can make switches and stuff with them, ok I have quite a bit of that stuff.

its very well lit inside my cave I have a torch every 3-5 blocks I can't find a single dark spot though now outside that's another story. I need to start a new outpost :)
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  11. Yea... I look like a creeper. I'm relatively nice though, and I don't creep (I think). Just don't get scared if you ever come by to check out the obby gen.
  12. A creeper in town? Perfectly harmless! That's what we have PETC for! :D :)
  13. you would still get trolled by moderator/bombarded with questions
  14. Really? That's new, a moderator trolling :p /sarcasm/
  15. yeah Crazy1080 called it a sport to me xD
    mynetdude likes this.
  16. MyNet try loooking for Explosion Protection.Normally around 750 ?

I bought one and I hug creepers now
  17. That sounds like a hack, I'd like to see what the mods/admins have to say about this; somebody should point them to this thread please.
  18. Its a enchanted item ...
  19. Lol, it's an armor enchantment, not a hack.