I can't access EMC from my ip for no reason!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Retgool, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm checking the FAQ for you and need a bit of time to sort things out.
  2. The message I see above shows xxx.xxx.6.154 as your IP address. That's a different IP - Yesterday you had 216.172.135.158.

What have you tried? Is the Minecraft login message the same?
  3. All antivirus's have some viruses they find that others dont. No single 1 is the perfect tool.

AVG is a resource hog, and Norton is a virus itself.

Avast is clean, fast, does its job (Effectively, I love the web scan) and best of all: Free.

Dont take missing 1 virus as anything special, they all miss some.
    Tehwafflez and Joshposh70 like this.
  4. Avast actually is one of the highest scorers, I believe it actually found more viruses then AVG and Norton, Not to mention the fact that Avast! is proactive instead of reactive. + Norton actually makes it's own virus, I tried the free trial, and within 2 hours, it was using over 8GB of RAM, I had to reinstall windows after it thought my system32 was a virus...
  5. Which is what i meant by Web Scan.

Avast will scan data as it downloads to your browser, blocking the load of a page that contains a virus before it even hits your browser.

And that feature doesn't even slow down browsing. That is some good stuff right there ;)
  6. The amount of times I've been saved by that. So nice.
  7. Hmm +1 to you. There is only 1 post I can see in the public forums that stated we are now running CB++. Kudos to your detective skills at catching onto that :)
  8. You may want to add the word, perceptibly, to that statement.
  9. I find it actually speeds it up in most cases. As Chrome seems to skip it's checking when Avast! Checks it first.
  10. Majority of our users are minors. No harm in keeping it simple and avoid technicalities.
  11. You guys seem to hate Norton. Is ESET good? Does it offer features that Norton 360 offers?
  12. ESET is good, but its not free. If your able to pay for it, it def is nice though.
  13. Kind of makes sense. I don't use Chrome myself. Must be some default link scanner Avast! replaces.

The original thread topic was a request for help loggin in to Minecraft. If we're going to promote our favorite virus scanners, I think a little truth in advertising is in order at least.

My advice to the OP: Can't really help you until you're sure your PC's clean. Use whatever virus scanner floats your boat, just make sure it's updated. Use something(I suggested Malwarebytes.) to get rid of anything already on your PC that may be causing this problem, like a spambot of some sort. Again, make sure it's updated bfefore you scan. Some trojans block updates, so doing your scan in Safe Mode if you're using Windows will help. Get your IP address unblocked at Spamhaus, then try logging in again.

I've never heard of Spamhaus.org prior to this post. The OP's IP was on the PBL too, which really doesn't make sense at first glance. Is this something Minecraft is using now as part of the authentication process? When I googled the Minecraft and Spamhaus together I had several hits with the same problem, but no definite solutions.
  14. Spamhaus is a service for mail providers to know if a mailserver is possibly malicious and going to send spam.

These same machines could be used for more things than sending mail, so it still acts as a decent blocklist for other services too.
  15. But does it provide the same features as Norton 360
  16. So what happened is his PC was flagged for running an e-mail server. This is considered suspicious activity by Spamhaus(SH). The fact that his PUBLIC non static IP is running an SMTP server is not normal, and usually indicates virus infection, or e-mail scam headquarters.

If you want to work through this we can. I need you to answer the following questions.

1. Do you run an SMTP server from your home?

2. Do you share your internet with anyone else?

3. Do you have wireless and what encryption do you use?
  17. Hey all, I have a mac and was able to get on to the servers yesterday but I get this same message about Spamhause/xbl. I have no clue what could have changed between yesterday and today that would ban me from the empire. Any help would be appreciated.
  18. See previous post and answer the same questions please.
  19. Guys this has nothing to do with the threads subject. Please stop digressing and only post if it is on topic and constructive.
  20. I still can't connect. But now when i try to connect, minecraft get's stuck. Likely i'm running the jar versi0n (I have win7) and i'm using a BAT launcer, so I can close it easily.
    Any admin or moderator who reads this: please reserve my res, the reason is cconnection problems.
    I tried again to connect, again, not responding
    I can connect to non emc servers
    I tried again to connect, my ip is not safe by spamhaus again, but minecraft responds
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.