I Came Up With a Tower that Allows Fast and Efficient Travel Via Elytras

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Trapper777, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Ooh guys this is gonna be so cool. I already have most of the project outline done, it's pretty cheap (I'm looking at about 40k for materials, maybe less, per SMP) and should let you travel (max) about 40,000 blocks (either North/South or East/West) across the wilderness in about 25 minutes. It also allows travel one-way (away from spawn) to anywhere in the waste.

EDIT: And that 1-Way travel time? about 3 minutes.
  2. Bump. planning to release project plan before 1.9
    Jinkers likes this.
  3. Sounds like a fantastic idea. My only issue is how the Elytra situation is going to be handled. If not many people get hold of one, it will be rather redundant unfortunately.
  4. Yep. That's why I've been really pushing for a solution that allows them to be priced under 20k.
    Jinkers likes this.
  5. This will be good for exploring, but if you can travel through the Nether you can get at least 40k blocks out in 10 min.
  6. If you are running at 2k blocks a minute then yes. But personally, I've never been unable to break more than 1k/min with a speed 2 potion.
  7. Like just running? That seems a little high. Also, this is much less dangerous.
  8. Hey Trapper777, any chance of getting a world download put up that has these towers built? For those that want to test out the whole system.
  9. Yes I'll release that when I finish the doc, hopefully tomorrow.
    ChickenDice and Jinkers like this.
  10. Done writing, will polish tomorrow and move ahead w/ this project!
  11. Awesome idea!
    Trapper777 likes this.
  12. Rail or horse, of course - for a route you travel frequently.