Huge Public Farm, SMP2 - Donations Please!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by AlexC__, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. to better explain the 4 part BUD switch, as im not really good with actually DOING the designs / logic gates...

when bud switch triggers, it sends a pulse to a circuit. this will trigger circuit 1 to maintain a positive state (T flip flop I think may be appopriate?)

then on the 2nd tick, if the first is already lit, power a 2nd state (another T flip flop?), then repeat for 3 and 4.

once all 4 are in an on state, send the pulse to open water with a timed monostable circuit of like 5 seconds, which then also resets the state to the 4 T flip flops.

This will be very complicated, but ideal. Then repeat for about 6 sections of wheat, so hopefully some will be growing at any point of time, and every day, approved people can replant the ones already harvested.
  2. nice explanation however i would of thought a simple memory cell circuit on a slow tick cycle might be sufficent to run a vast majority of the automatic farm fuctions. for instace after a suffice amount of time for majority of wheat to grow appropiate signals are sent of to release the water. even if the wheat takes longer to grow due to lag and tick updates the cycle will equally be delayed (I think so anyway). this one simple memory cell could then send of appropiate signals to all autamatic farms, possibly including a easy harvest log generator and animal breeding machine.

just a thought since i've been thinking threw some ideas for a auto/semi auto factory for all renewable goods.

:)
  3. that may just be easier. i'm no engineering expert :p just this theory came to mind.

but a bud switch approach will likely be more accurate in identifying when most of the crop is ready, just i question how reliable is state held when chunks unload? when a player comes back near, and the chunk goes active (and wheat begins growing more) will the previous state of the redstone be kept?
  4. Thank you for the suggestions Aikar, but I was definitely not planning on giving ANYONE build perm, now that all the digging is done :)

Although, I definitely need help with the wheat -- seeing as every time they push the button I would have to re-plant. I was thinking maybe people that donate large sums of money (5000r+) could have access to it. This would be ideal, as this whole project relies on donations. :)

Also, you must be a very good 'redstone technician' ;P I'll be sure to ask you for any circuit help :)
  5. thats a good point i imagine that until it becomes popular and wont get unloaded due to high use a master switch could be implemented to effectivly pause the redstone tick cycle. i also agree buds are far more accurate but would create an unbearable amount of lag depending on the number of bud switches required since each gorwing block would require its own individule bud.
  6. I proposed only 4 pieces of wheat (Each corner) would be "BUD'ed", no need to do EVERY piece. If 4 corners are fully grown, there's a good chance most will be grown.
  7. In my experience, redstone clocks don't work on emc (or any bukkit smp server). They will run well when a player is near them, but once you leave, it will power a random location in the circuit when you return.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong. But the circuit will only run if there is a player within something like 32 or 64 blocks of it.
  8. I believe circuits should run if the chunk is loaded, which in town is very likely.
  9. anyway some good ideas from boths i beleive and i reckon we have given alex some thoughts on what he could do.
    enjoyed this disscussion mucho.

:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.