How many tokens for an Empire/Land claim?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Kaizimir, Oct 30, 2015.

1. I completely agree. As a part of the outpost, we expand day after day, and we are going to probably be taking up pretty much the ENITRE space. I think that a small option is to increase the amounts of tokens that custom mobs drop. Also, perhaps, you can trade rupees for tokens, to get more tokens to spend on land claiming.
    PetuniaFigtree likes this.
  2. The voting sites work via IP, not by name. Just use one site for your main account and one site for your next alt, the next site for your next alt, etc. You can then get your streak each day on every account by voting on each one on one site per day. You don't have to use all sites for one account to get a streak, you only need one vote on one site to get that streak going.

But, if you need to vote on the same site again on the same day, you can vote from a different IP and it'll go through without telling you you've already done it. You can do this by turning on your mobile data on your phone and using that one time and you can also do it on say a public cafe wifi or something too, they'll all be different IPs :)
  3. Can confirm. I do this every day. On my PC I use almost all the voting site on my main so I can get the increase every 12 hours. So for my alts, I turn off wi-fi on my cell and vote that way .
  4. ah thanks for clarifying that! I was voting on all the sites with my main then going to try again with my alt.. nice to know ;)
  5. In that case, just go for using one or a few sites for your main and then use on or more for your alts and you'll get the streak you need for them each day :)
  6. Yes, these are the same worries that made me post this thread. A "grandfathers clause", that is to give basic protection to existing and active outposts, was already recommended in this thread and immediately rejected. This further suggests that long standing outpost owners will have to work hard to protect against illegal action.

From all the [claim] posts on the forums, we can see that many play in the wilderness, but only few dare to go public. In the last year, 2015, I think none of the claims went public and survived for at least 3 month. Afaik currently there are only two active public outposts: Last Light Outpost and Carthaga. All others don't take the risk to be griefed and keep isolated. This is really sad.

I spoke with a lot of outpost owners/visited outposts and many are creating great things out there, but are too afraid to let others see there achievements because of griefers. This is really a shame.

I, personally would love to roam the frontiers visiting settlements and cities on the different servers, but it is not possible because all the [claims] keep their location a secrete because of said fear.

Wouldn't it be great to track from establishment to establishment and get to know their way of life? Find the dwarfen halls to buy cheap armor and weapons (ik, shops in the wild are another topic) or the futuristic sky town to enjoy the innovative architecture...

This is really useful advice for the players that have the intend to invest the necessary commitment. Recently, I personally don't have the time to vote daily because of IRL obligation, not to speak of going to an internet cafe to vote from different IPs. Granted, that might be my own problem...

The point here is that this doesn't solve any of the current problems: 1) A promise that hasn't been fulfilled for too long (I can't find a hint on the dev tracker that work has been invested in this), 2) almost no transparency of what we can expect for the rules governing land claiming.

That we haven't got land protection for so long and that there are no tangible information on how it will be implemented might indicate that it is really hard for the decision makers to come up with practicable solutions to make it fair for everybody (as pointed out elsewhere: The longer it takes the harder it will be). Or, in the worst case, that EMC is not a survival friendly server, but much more supports an auction based economy with an emphasize on collectable promotions.

Only the next few month can show, what really is the case...
  7. I don't know why you keep saying this, as we have explained MULTIPLE times in other threads that this is not the case.

The GRIEF PROTECTION will be for everyone and is FREE.

The EXTRAS WITH LANDCLAIMING, such as teleports granted with real residence style boundaries/flags, etc will be through code and will require TOKENS.
  8. you dont just get tokens from killing things, if you participate in events you get them, if you mine in a group you get them, if you vote you get them. thats three different ways that have nothing to do with miniboss hunting. what you are saying is essentially the people that work hard and invest rupees in their armor and weapons and gear deserve less tokens then someone out strip mining by themselves and not losing anything at all except pick durability and also making rupee profit. afking at a farm does not deserve tokens, SURVIVING in a SURVIVAL server does. monsters are vanilla you choosing not to fight any of the custom monsters equals you choosing not to get any of the custom rewards that come with it. which is fine and im positive that the cost to protect an area wont be so ridiculous that only boss hunters get it but there has already been discussion both staff and community that simply mining blocks by yourself does not deserve any special rewards.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  9. Dragon teeth marks are so stylish. Rawr.