How fast is your connection?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JustinGuy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Is that good? I'm far away from my modem.

2. It is okay. I wish it were MUCH faster though. And so it shall be when the new FiOS cables are laid 8D
  3. It could affect it minutely. However, My computer is far away from my router as well.. and if it did affect my speeds, it obviously would not matter lol.
    nnnnmc1 and Squizzel_Boy like this.

4. For some reason it says I live < 50 miles from adelaide.. more like 500kms.
  5. I cant post the pic because i did it on my tablet, but this is what i got:
    PING:63ms
    UPLOAD:1.73Mbps
    DOWNLOAD:1.52Mbps
    SERVER:Bangor, ME

Im supposed to be getting 30up and down... :/ but the router is in the basement
    and im on the ground floor but still crap connction :(
  6. Just a question guys my Internet is fast but my upload speed is like 0.49 mb/s i dont know why. Anyone got a solloution ? I know this post was made to show your speed but i just cant get over it sorry.
  7. Welcome to consumer based internet :)
  8. Cajamarca Peru, I have no clue why it chose La Paz, I would assume Lima has the next closest large server hub...

9. Not the best, but it definitely works
  10. idk wat i got :p this is a cool....machine thingy though! :D GO EMPIRE!
  11. Lol, internet at hotel isn't best thing in world, but yeah, here it is :p
  12. it's up to your isp, the one of this hotel for example (as my last post) gives me the same upload/download but many other isp's (the maiority) gives you a fast download (wich is what you actually use the more) and a 1mb/max upload.

Just look for another isp or don't worry, be happy.
  13. When you say you live 500 km's away, where do you mean? Private convo me if you like to not make it public. I live in Adeliade, but I used to live 500 km's away too :)
  14. Post #800 here btw :D
    If you find the fails you win a prize.
    NurglesRott likes this.