How do you price your items!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by Nuttyknight42, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Hi I'm nuttyknight42 shop owner of biome-mart. I was wondering how to figure out how much ruppes to charge for each item.

I know there a site called azoundi.com, but there new items that haven't been price out, like granite slabs and other new blocks?

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks
  2. I think of a fair price and boom.. post it to a sell sign. If people buy buy then cool and if not oh well.
  3. but how do you know it's a fair price?
    see what I do is i go to my smp's megamall and cut that price by half c:
  4. i don't know.. I just slap a price to a sign that i consider fair. Others might not and that's okay with me. I know this is an economy server but I usually just explore and live off the lands.
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  5. From my experience, unless your price is ridiculously outlandish like 1k per stack of dirt or smth I think it’ll sell eventually.
    Rather than focusing on the prices as much I think it all comes down to how memerable your shop is. If you sell a wide range of items players may remember that and next time they need an item they might check your shop since you have a big selection. Or catchy res #, good deals, promotional stuff like buying 10 books and getting one free, overall noice customer interactions, consistent advertising, etc
    While having good prices also helps bring people back I think also getting your shop out there a known will help sell your items a lot of the time regardless of the price
  6. I second ChespinLover's ideas on the importance of a shop: especially being stocked is quite important. Niece Items (like andesite stairs) are usually not bought in large quanteties anyway, since people who need more just buy andesite, for that is cheaper.
    When price is important (like more bulk-oriented shops,) I usually just go to a lot of different malls, try to type /v +[item] to see if anyone else is selling it in bulk, looking around in all these ways to find what the average price is, also trying to find which shops are stocked and which aren't, to settle on a price.
    When price isn't important, I either to the exact same thing, or, when it is a crafted item, do the exact same thing to the base materials, and then add a few ruppees a stack for crafting. :)
    ChespinLover77 likes this.