How do I change my username?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CherryC0p, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Been switching over all my usernames from this old one, Mafur_Chericada, to CherryC0p. This one site has stumped me on if i can change it as i can't find the option in my profile settings anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Go to mojang's website, log in with your email and password. You should then see your name and the option to change it.
  3. No, not the minecraft username, mine on here. as far as i can tell they're separate. I've already done it on Mojang
  4. I can tutor the way I got my name changed. This may not be only method.

https://account.mojang.com/login

I login to Minecraft using a Mojang account which is tied to a Gmail. When name changing became possible, I was suggested to migrate my Minecraft account to a Mojang account. Afterwards, I have to use my Gmail address instead of my Minecraft username to login.

Finally, after you do change your name to an unused MC username, you can't change it again for 30 days.
  5. You have to log into EMC. It will change automatically.
    CherryC0p likes this.
  6. Yeah, no, thats the same thing Rundercaster said. I've already done Mojang.

I'm talking about here, empireminecraft.com.
  7. You can not change your username to anything on the website, you will have to do it on the links above.
    FadedMartian and CherryC0p like this.
  8. Thanks!
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. So make this a little easier: The user name on EMC is the same as your Minecraft name. You can't change it here, because of that connection.

Sometimes it can happen that your name doesn't change right away, in that case log out and log back into EMC. Sometimes it also helps to wait 5 or so minutes after a name change, but usually it should be pretty instant.
  10. Changed and alt a few days ago, namechange is not taking affect on EMC though... logged in several time...
    sending a pm to staff
    Sanargama and FadedMartian like this.