HORSES!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FatAndyTheGreat, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Ride it and say /horse
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Maybe...
  3. are those all.... donkeys?
    supereskimo and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Superskimo, that is an impressive donkey!

I am wondering about the percentages, if they compare apples to apples between donkeys and horses. Is 100% donkey speed the same as 100% horse speed?

We need to get some race tracks going and answer these questions.
  5. you should be able to view their egged stats/stable stats/ /horse stats
    also:
    this will only be able to sell that exact horse and by that i mean same color and stats
    also:
    mules with a high speed can outrun a horse and hold things, no armor tho
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. i have question. how do you check horse stats?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. the answer immediately prior to yours answers that question
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. oh thx
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. The 5002 Cavalry Club will soon put an end to that, with 5 different horse tracks to be ridden and competed on!

We will also put up item and rupee prices :)
  10. After trying to use a horse in the wild, I have figured a few rules for my personal use and have lots of general ideas about horses and EMC.

Fast horses are for racing or running around town, it's rare to need all that speed and then it's just a pain in the trees.

Horses that jump or have lots of HP will be a lot more practical in the wild.

Horses can fall pretty far without being killed. I dropped into a ravine and though I was a gonner, but still had better than half health. Didn't count how many blocks, but it was a death jump without feather fall boots.

Crossing water with a horse isn't that hard once you get the hang of it, jump or get off and lead it across.

I love that you can shoot a bow while riding a horse and I hope that some of the comming track events will include target shooting as an element of events. I hope some improvements are made so that the horse can run one direction while shooting to the side.

It would be really cool if horses had a trample attack. Really, I don't think a chicken stands a chance against a horse at full gallop.

The prices of horses and donkeys are going to change a lot in a short time. They are way more useful and lasting of an update than cats or dogs. The weak/slow/lame horses will be cheap enough for everyone and still useful for wilderness travel and even expendable. I also see the market for top stat horses and donkeys to reach higher and remain strong as members develop breeding businesses.

I have yet to build or see a store that is designed to properly showcase all the attributes of horses for sale. I am thinking a cage with a horse that is the same color/pattern, but advertise the horse as the egg in the sale chest. This would allow listing of stats and also a visual match.

Hope to see more ideas and discussion.
  11. Will be implemented at Cavalry Club 5002.
  12. Hopefully made on a Utopian res for 4x the fun.
  13. Check out what /v 5002 gives you :p
  14. Move's off.
  15. True, I mean more like try out in chat as /v 5002 also says its on Utopia if you're on another server =p It's across from where the old /shop would be
  16. Oh, and to make a more specific answer and get the thread back on track:

My best horses (in my opinion)
    s97 j85 hp27 This is a strong and well rounded horse
    I have faster and jumpyer, but not with this well of a balance
    The fast ones always seem to have very low hp.

my best donkey is
    s85 j65 hp24

These are not field finds; this is selective breeding to get a balanced horse with highest possible numbers.

My fastest field find horse is 125%, my best jump is 97% and I have a 30hp as well, but they all have really poor balanced other stats
  17. whats your fastest mule and most balanced?
  18. I haven't been doing mules because the cant breed
  19. mules are just donkeys and horses bred together