Hoppers disconnecting from chests?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WayneKramer, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Has anyone seen this before?

I have a farm that I've used for months and there is a hopper that is attached to a chest so the items flow into the chest. Tonight, for some reason, the hopper disconnected from the chest so the items were not flowing. I actually looked at the hopper and it was not connected anymore.

So either someone went in there and broke the hopper and replaced it without connecting it, which I guess is possible, or something else broke it.
  2. I never experienced something like that. I suppose your theory could have happened but it seems weird. I think it might be more likely that an EMC script went bonkers and accidentally stopped the hopper; those are limited in speed afterall and I could imagine that if the speed is brought down to 0 then they stop working completely.

Just my 2 cents of course.
  3. as of the last update (I think) locked chests will not allow item to flow out of a them into a hopper, the hopper breaks. is your chest locked?

I have sets of 2 locked chests, the sorter flowing in to the top chest and then a hopper flowing from the top chest in to the bottom chest so i can have 2 dc's of storage and now the hopper breaks every time an item is put in the top chest from my farm, its supper annoying but what can we do right.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Yes, the chest is locked. But the items don't go from the chest to the hopper, they go from the hopper to the chest.
  5. well we haven't touched hoppers in a while, shouldn't be from the update.
  6. Its a bug the hopper will randomly pop off, like when you mine it. happens when the hopper is transferring items from a locked chest to another locked chest. Some transfer rule that is not at the top of the bug fix list, even though I reported it close to a year ago.
  7. Well there is only one locked chest. What I have is a 3x3 square (9 hoppers) all connected together and the corner hopper is flowing into a locked chest. None of the hoppers are locked (not even sure if you can lock them), just the chest is.

It's never happened before and once I broke the hopper and re-connected it it hasn't broken again.

Nice to know there is a similar sort of bug reported though, thanks.