Hey I would like to know im buying a new .243 rifle and i would like to hear ya'lls fav brand of gun

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jtpate1, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Thompson center .50 caliber thunderhawk inline muzzleloader, synthetic stock and stainless steel barrel, with 80 grains pyrodex and a sabot slug.

Yes, this *IS* a muzzleloader. It uses percussion caps and has a rifle like breech lockdown for the percussion cap system.
    Back when I used it, I could consistently hit within 2 inches of the center of a water filled milk jug at 80yds with this. For those that know muzzleloaders, that's really good even for a modern inline.

Before we became estranged, my father and I both used a lot of guns, and I really loved that one so much I still want one.

My second choice would be a 20 gauge pump action shotgun, again stainless barrel and synthetic stock for the least maintenance and trouble. Small enough gauge to keep me from going gunshy with it, and enough power to deal with an intruder in quick fashion.
  2. I love my .22 remington!!!

Remington's are awesome!!!
  3. Very nice guns :D
  4. Very, very nice gun :)
  5. Jeez... Thats a very good deal. Just wonering, who did you buy it from????
  6. 4 posts in a row? really? just edit your first post...... seriously. :rolleyes:
  7. Marlin is always a great choice. My uncle has a 45-70 and it is smooth shooting and will bring down just about any game in the US. A little on the expensive side but well worth it.
    If you're on a budget, Savage makes some fine rifles that aren't overly expensive. I have a Savage Remington 7mm Mag and that is my main hunting rifle. I've shot deer, antelope, moose with that thing and never had an issue. I LOVE Savage and will recommend them to everyone.
    I also have a Winchester 30-06, a Winchester 7mm Remington Mag, a 12 gauge shotgun, an old 30-30 and numerous handguns.
  8. I almost got a Marlin 30/30 lever action with scope for $315. Went back the next day to buy it and it had already been sold. Disappointed.
  9. well i dont think im goin to kill a deer with a .22 now im considering a .270 i shot one yesterday and i loved it dont kick more than my .30-30 that i have now but its a heaveyer gun so it dont kick quit as hard a a light one does but if i get one it will be one of the following .270, .243, .223, or a .30-06
  10. i already have a .30-30 but it has a great deal of knock down power (at close range) over 150 yards you might aswell be trowing rocks at it.
  11. As long as I can nail a moose in the head with it, IMO it doesn't matter :p
  12. but thats cheep for a gun like that now they sell for around $400-$500 for a new one without a scope mine is an older model but its a dads but when he died i got 90% of his guns my sister got his 12 ga slug gun but i got his .30-30, .22 wincester semi auto, his .410, and a 12ga sawed off shot gun that dont work but the fireing pin has been toke out and thats the only thing wrong with it but its old enogh to be my dad is a champion is what it says on the barrel.
  13. I own one of these bad boys, a .22 Flobert Single Shot Pistol (C.1896) and of course my trust AR-15 for range shooting. Ive never fired the Flobert buts its a neat little thing to own!

14. Just cause im a girl dosnt mean i dont love guns.... :D