[HELP] What Video Software (Free mind you) should I use?

Discussion in 'Share Your Let's Plays and Other Videos!' started by ShyguytheGamer1, Dec 19, 2015.

?

Which one is better?

Windows Movie Maker 1 vote(s) 25.0%
iMovie 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other (Leave in comments) 3 vote(s) 75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, lol. Okay, I will try to publish my first video...A christmas EMC speshal...
  2. Now...Softonic or Bandisoft?
  3. iMovie is OKAY, but I like Ice Cream Video Recorder for short videos, since the max length is 10 mins, and it's a small download, and I don't recommend getting membership/elite/pro on it since the storage is difficult to retrieve videos, but takes a max 10 minutes to find and launch a video.. Screencast-o-Matic is also very good, but only goes up to 15 minutes without membership, but with membership, there is a lot of benefits and it's only $15 a year which is a great deal, I don't know if you use dollars, pounds, etc, but in North America it's very cheap and I highly recommend it, you can also either download it or use it from the web. If you use Google Chrome, you can also find video EDITING software that doesn't need downloaded and can just be used from the Google Chrome app launcher which isn't hard to find if you put it on your 'taskbar' (put the app launcher on the taskbar).

Screencast-o-Matic link: https://screencast-o-matic.com/home

Ice Cream Video Recorder / Capture - http://icecreamapps.com/Screen-Recorder/

Chrome App Store - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/apps?hl=en

-F
    Frostbrewed2 likes this.
  4. I am trying to download minimally on this computer so nothing with downloading except editing er something...
  5. I used Bandisoft, but they both take you to the same place.
  6. Softonic is the poison of the internet. It's the same as the correct place to get it, but they also try to get you to install whatever bullcrap sponsored them.

Use Bandisoft.
  7. Ima suggest OBS (open broadcaster software) for recording, at least. Free, no watermark, relatively simple and you can do some cool stuff like chroma keying/add facecam/adjust audio as you record with no editing required. It's intended to be used for streaming (like twitch.tv) but also works just fine for recording.
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  8. OKay I made my desicion, my sister forced me to use Windows movie maker and Windows 10 Game Recorder. SInce they are safe and easy for me of course. Closing thread ;)
  9. I purchased bandicam almost a year ago and I am very happy with it, it was well worth my investment. Very simple to start with but some good options once you realize you need them. Bandicam is only for recording. I will have to try out that windows 10 game recorder to see what it's like.

I purchased filmora video editing software because it was the most feature rich option I could find in my price range. I have been using it constantly since 8 months ago and I could never go back to using windows movie maker. It produces very good final product and is very easy to learn.

Sorry my suggestions are not the free stuff, but I wasn't happy with any of the free and trial options I tried, but I have been doing well with this stuff for a while now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.