Help me fix Minecraft!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by PseudoDistant, Apr 8, 2018.

1. I had found out how to run Minecraft: Java edition on a Raspberry Pi 3, and it ran at a suitable 30-75FPS, But after installing a new JDK, I can't get it to run!

This is the result of running the same shell file that I use to run to get it to work.
    Even after restoring the original JDK ( OpenJDK 8 ), I still can't get it to run.
    Please help me fix Minecraft!
    HaastregtLover77 likes this.
  2. Hunter ! This isn't good ! We've got to find someone to help you with this asap owo
    sadly I have not the sufficient amount of knowledge required for this task . . .
    Xx_Hunter2002_xX likes this.
  3. Update your Java version and your optifine. I have a feeling your optifine may be causing the issues.
  4. When I update my OptiFine, I get more issues because OptiFine D1 Tweaker doesn't exist :( also updating Java caused the issue. (And I tried using OptiFine D1 again after updating.)
  5. What OS are you using? I assume Linux?

First: careful with the Java version. Despite popular belief using the latest Java runtime is very often not the best ideas with Minecraft. If you don't believe me then take a look in your Minecraft program directory on Windows. Especially: runtime\jre-x32 (or 64 of course). You'll find 1.8.0_25 in there. A very dated Java runtime.

Another thing, if I skim over the shell script then it would seem that it is fixated on a specific Java runtime. So if you changed stuff in between then that might have caused some conflicts. Simply put: that isn't the best of shell scripts. For example, a common approach is to use $JAVA_HOME/jre/bin/java to find the right runtime.

Second: a JDK is not a JRE. Now, this doesn't have to cause issues but it can. So unless you're actually planning on doing Java development then installing a JRE can be more preferable.

But the main causes... First I'd ditch OptiFine just to make sure. I've had good results with it on Windows, but horrid results on environments other than Windows. Doesn't have to cause issues, but it might be best to rule this out.

You might also want to move ~/.minecraft out of the way and see what happens.

Also: what's with the fixated tokens and such? Are you even using the official launcher? The reason I ask is because although it's not uncommon to save a client token and then use this for a while, this token also changes over time. Yet that seems rather impossible if you fixate it in a shell script used to start the game. As such: where does that come from? Are you sure it is still valid? Is this even fully legit? (just asking because that could also explain something).
  6. My OS is Raspbian.

I don't use Windows lol!
    Also No, the shell file serves as the launcher.
    That is the purpose of the shell file.
    EDIT: I forgot to say that the shell file launcher IS legal. Also the shell file DID work.
  7. I haven't found any fixes at all (even after deleting Minecraft and reinstalling it :( ).