[Closed] Help me come back to EMC...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kryarias, Jun 1, 2019.

1. As some of you may know I have taken a break from EMC for various reasons in life and the result of that has been loosing 99.99% of my promos, a lot of my reses, and all of my hope of making a shop/business. So I want to come back and have 1 shop/business that will help me get back into the game and give me hope again... But I have no clue what the shop/business should be, any and all ideas are welcome please comment below it is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Kry
  2. A potion brewing shop maybe? I would be happy to help you start with 5 DC of blaze rods, no charge :)
    Kryarias likes this.
  3. That's very nice of you, I really haven't done much brewing but are the resources easy to get and you think that people would buy? I really like the idea
    Skiddylicense04 likes this.
  4. The resources are pretty easy to get and I know that me personally I use a lot of fire resistance potions whenever I’m in mob arena or out in the nether. There used to be a huge potion shop on smp4 but the owner couldn’t keep up with stock and then he ended up leaving emc.
    Kryarias likes this.
  5. Could you show me a thread or pictures? Also do you think it's a good idea
  6. There was no thread for that shop, this shop was like a year and a half ago. And also I don’t have pictures. I don’t really go around taking pictures of reses :p but I do think it will be a good idea cause honestly there’s hardly any potion shops on emc.
  7. Ok, so did it have every potion every time and splash and non splash
  8. Yup, Had every single potion in game (Besides the Invisibility (Due to it being unusable in game)) Had splash of each, had the different time of each ect.. He also had it setup *If I remember right* to where if the chest got empty, it would automatically start brewing that potion.
    Kryarias likes this.
  9. That sounds very cool, I am not a redstone genius so I am sure I couldn't figure that out haha. What SMP do you think it would be the best on
  10. 6, 7, or 8, whichever one you prefer
    (If you want the blaze rods, just say)
    OriginalScuf and Kryarias like this.
  11. Sure I will take the rods, thanks so much! Do you by any change now how to build a super fast Brewer
  12. It's for mass brewing, does 4 potions at once, so i'd say yes. The access has been set up, on /v Skiddylicense04, free of charge. Happy Brewing!
    Kryarias and fBuilderS like this.
  13. I find it intriguing that you are asking for help in this way.
    Surely with the number of alt accounts that you have, you have quite a large number of resources and rupees to start over with - it's more than most players even start on EMC with.

[REMOVED BY STAFF - OFF-TOPIC]
    Will_McNab and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. I'm sorry to hear you lost your residences Kryarias. I personally have never been derelict myself but I know many who have, and it is a terrible feeling losing your possessions to the system.

Did anything survive the derelict reclaims that you can pool together to create the shop you're looking for? Rupees, inventory/vault/enderchest items, maybe possessions at a wild base if you have one? Any alts you have that you can pull resources from to help move things forward?

If you're short you can always vote to gain rupees and, if they haven't been claimed yet, claim available promos on this account and any alt accounts you have and sell them off. Those should help out with the shop funding.
    MoreMoople, Kryarias and The_Boulder like this.
  15. Ok, thank you. I meant for this thread to just gather ideas, sorry for the confusion
  16. No worries. While you're deciding, keep in mind that the smaller the focus, the easier it will be to maintain and thus easier to make money off of. So I recommend picking one specialty and sticking to that. As you make more money and are able to spend more funds you can look into expanding to other specialties for the shop, but this is how everyone in the shop business has to start out.

If they aim too high too soon, they overextend themselves and their money and will eventually not make anything at all.
    Kryarias, MoreMoople and The_Boulder like this.
  17. Ok thanks so much
  18. There is already a potion shop on smp8 that's been there for 6+ years, so I think the other smps might be a better idea if you decide to go for potions.

I am so NOT an economy person. I can say on the very rare times that I've gone shopping that it's almost always for concrete. There might be someone out there already doing this, but I've no clue where/who. Generally I have to run around all the smps just to get a DC of a certain color. Food for thought, but again, I rarely buy anything, and I barely participate in the economy aspects of EMC. Example - We needed 22000+ blocks of oak and jungle leaves recently. Corrupted and I spent an hour and a half raiding the waste. Ta da. That's generally more my style LOL.

P.S. There aren't any leaves on parts of smp8 waste anymore... hehe