Help for the computer illiterate

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by vividOptimism, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Ol' Drivers - try to update if theres is updates :3
  2. A. Pamment i figured it would run it also. I asked him to build me a computer that would run FSX with high detail. It never did. Annih can you give me the instructions on how to set up the c drive part. I have no appdata, file / folder. No offence to anyone trying to help but I would never try anything %99 incompatable.
  3. Magic launcher and Optifine change completely separate parts of Minecraft, they are 100% compatible.
  4. Just to clarify, I was referring to a previous post regarding 99% incompatible
  5. A previous thread?

Also, how's minecraft acting now? Any better?

As mentioned earlier, you should also update your drivers, here's a link.
  6. C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods. There is no appdata folder under my name so I do not believe Magic Launcher can find it. How do I create it? Thank you for your help.
  7. You should be able to press Windows Key+R and type in %appdata% into the box to get to the appdata folder.
  8. um HELP! I tried to update the driver. There is no driver detected now. I can't play MC. Also everything on my screen is huge.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  9. Alright, you installed the wrong drivers or something. Not a thing I'd recommend diving into. To fix it, open your start menu, got to Administrative Tools and click Computer Management. A window should pop up. Click Device Management on the side panel. Then open the branch for Display Devices and right click the entry that pops up. Click Properties, and then push the Driver tab. Then push "Roll Back Driver" and stuff should happen that should fix your computer.
    Here it is in image form: http://imgur.com/a/ozyD2
  10. The pictures were perfect for me. I have completed that task. Everything is its normal size now. However MC will not run due to " bad video card drivers". As far as installing the wrong driver, I had the program in the previous link "auto detect". I have no idea what I'm doing.
  11. Try a System Restore. Should be under Start>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. It might fix your problem, might not. If it doesn't, call Tech Support or something.
  12. Vivid, what operating system are you running? Windows 7? is it 32 or 64 bit?
    To find it, hit start, right-click "my computer", hit properties. Should be in there.
  13. System Restore worked, game is playable again. Windows 7, 64 bit.
  14. Is your game still giving you issues with Optifine running?
  15. The "Display driver is not responding" message has not reappeared. However I do not believe the file location C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods exist. So I do not think that optifine can be found.
  16. Alright, you want to download Magic Launcher (which you did), run it, press the "Setup" button, push "Add", find your downloaded .zip, and double click it. Then check the box, push OK, and run.
  17. From what you've said previously, you did manage to get Optifine in there somehow.

The AppData folder is hidden. From the magic launcher, in setup, click manage. That will get you into the only folder you'll need to worry about.
  18. OK, first off I love you guys for bearing through this with me. Secondly, yes the zipped file was found under the "manage" button. Do I need to do anything with it at this point? Or does "Magic Launcher" know what to do?
  19. Magic launcher knows all... that you tell it in the Setup tab.

Make sure the addon is selected in only one of the boxes in the Setup tab. Mods in the folder that the Manage button sends you to are automatically detected, just make sure they're enabled in Setup. If you hit the Add button in Setup and select an addon from there, then make sure it's only enabled in one of the two boxes in Setup.

Try Minecraft out like this, any errors? Frames per second improved?