Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Eujinn, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Hi everyone...

Been playing Minecraft for a very long time but unfortunately limited to single-player (limited internet acess and constant failing hard-drives). Now that I finally have unlimited internet I can now try my hand at online Minecraft (joined the server a few days ago). Right now I'm running Minecraft on a cheap Dell Latitude E6410 due to the fact that my gaming computer has a possible failed motherboard and I can't afford to get it fixed.

Anyway, a bit about myself - I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I have a creative background in graphic design and video production and work as an Audio Visual Technician on a casual basis. I like to build things and have a knack for story-telling. Mostly I've been watching a lot of the Mindcrack youtubers (stumbled across them once the Attack of the B-Team modpack came out) and I wouldn't mind getting into some Let's Play down the line once I have a proper computer for doing so.

Right now, my residence is on the Smp4 server at location 9433 - or so I hope it is..... when I look at the live map on the servers page through the website, it lists the property as an open residence. I can see my builds along with glitched builds that aren't mine. So if you know what that means, do tell.

You're welcome to pop by and have a look. I plan on building some sort of castle/structure using netherrack, nether bricks, and stone bricks. At the moment, I don't know what the flags are set to (you might be able to move around or not) but once the build is complete, I plan on opening it to the public - think of it as a House of Horror amusement ride thing.

Anyway, happy to be here.
    AlexChance, Pab10S, dresden72 and 2 others like this.
  2. Welcome to the Empire :)
  3. Graphics design and audio techniques, the perfect combination. That should have helped you with your residential design for sure, guess I'll have no choice but to come over later to admire your work :)

Hope you'll have a great time on the Empire!
  4. Welcome to the Empire. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I might take a bit to respond due to the change in timezone between us, but my inbox is always open =)
  5. Welcome! Seems like you'll like it here :)
  6. Welcome to the Empire. A great server.
  7. Welcome to the Empire! :)
  8. So I visited your plot, residence, just now and I have to say that I really like what you're trying to do here. Bit of a castle / medieval type kind of build it seems. And I think it looks quite nice. The redstone parts really give a different take on the whole thing IMO.

I'm really curious to check how this is going to be worked out ;) So far I really like you build.
  9. Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
  10. Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'm still feeling out the build and I don't really have a set plan so there'll be design changes along the way (my first attempt at a build of this size). I'm visualizing something similar to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror for the main section with a courtyard and castle-like towers at the front.

At the moment, I'm thinking three towers, one with crenelations, two with roofs (one of which may be crumbling). I'd like to put some sort of lava fountain or something pouring out of one of the walls within the courtyard to give it a bit more light. I'd like to keep it very gloomy and low-lit though.

However, I'm open to ideas. I think I made my residence open for movement so you're welcome to wander around and have a look haha.