Hello and Goodbye

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cawman920, Jul 27, 2013.

1. It's just Rman920 and i'm not sure....7.5....exactly 7.5 pancakes
  2. Purple, because aliens don't wear hats ;)
    PenguinDJ, rman92011 and brickstrike like this.
  3. If it was who I think was, I'm really not surprised. If you don't think you'll be back, I hope you'll take the time to remove any Locked chests you have at the Village on smp3 so they can be used by other people.
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  4. Oh yeah, i'l get to that sometime....I forgot about the mark i left on this server
  5. This is exactly the reason I will never do an AMA :p

OT: The policy as it stands is, overall, a good one. The trouble lies in the fact that with the old system before, there was a buffer by way of actual Staff involvement. Now anyone with rupees to burn and an unclaimed residence can wipe out whatever they see fit, provided it's in derelict status.

While I'm glad to see the change, at least from the big-picture standpoint, I do think that a /forceclaim'ed res should be ineligible for /unclaim for a span of... oh let's say at least 7 days. That way, the few people who do abuse the system to go around and "clean house" will be negated, and ensure the folks who are using /forceclaim actually want the res and intend to make use of it.
  6. Well, you did. It's not something you have to do especially if you might be back. Maybe hanging out in the Wild would revive your interest.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. That would be nice. The most depressing thing about the forceclaim is that i can't get my build back. That shop was huge, and i'll never see it again :(
    BilboBaggins23 and brickstrike like this.
  8. One thing I've done to "preserve" builds I like on EMC, is to use the World Downloader mod (don't worry, it's approved for use). I have backup copies of both my home on SMP8 and a vast swath of territory encompassing New Atlantia and surrounding areas. While I realize this doesn't help with the shop that's already gone, it would at least allow you to preserve any future works :) So please, don't simply throw in the towel and leave - there's always something more to see and do on EMC.
    Or to put it another way,
  9. That is a genius idea, it may not completely solve the problem, but it would help some.