Happy Veterans Day!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Its five real pages, so its a bit long, but it has a lot of talkkng between characters which is probably most of the reason why its so long
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. I was thinking i would sell it at my res or something.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. That would be a fantastic idea.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Thank you for such a thoughtful promo. I'll be wearing my real life poppy at cadets tonight for Remembrance Day, and If I make it home in time, I would love to attend the service.

Thank you to everyone past, present and future who have given their lives for the freedom of their nation, the world wouldn't be the same without your sacrifice.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I placed it in my res, changed my mind, placed it somewhere else and now it is just a normal poppy.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Did you break the ground or the flower itself?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. i broke the pot
    Hadnt read this thread or I'd have known not to!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Event in 25 minutes.

check your mail
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. thanks!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Speech for those that were interested (not my best work):
    Welcome to the Empire Minecraft Veterans Day Ceremony and thank you all for attending. It is my honor to stand before you today and see so many people willing to listen. Today is not about Remembrance Poppy Promos or fancy ceremonies. For Americans, today is dedicated to the Veterans, past and present, who have sacrificed so much to protect and defend our nation’s liberties. In the commonwealth nations and other parts of Europe, it is called Remembrance Day and is dedicated to remembering the fallen. For Poland, it is their Independence Day.

The original name for today was Armistice Day, named for the truce that was called toward the end of World War I, roughly 7 months before the official end of the war with the Treaty of Versailles on June 18, 1919. In 1954, after World War II, the 83rd US Congress amended the Act of 1938 and changed the name to Veterans Day in the United States to honor all veterans and their efforts on behalf of the country. However, whatever your nationality is, this day still remains in the history books as Armistice Day and is fitting that the recurring anniversary of this date should be ‘commemorated with thanksgiving and prayer and exercises designed to perpetuate peace through good will and mutual understanding between nations.’ Some people may say that we are silly, holding a virtual ceremony for real life events, but behind the pixels of this virtual world, there are genuine people with real world experiences that we honor today.

I’d like to ask the service members and veterans who are here to come up to the front area.

On behalf of Empire Minecraft, I thank you for answering the call of duty. Thank you for having the courage and strength required to stand up in the face of danger to defend our liberties. And to those here in spirit through their family members and friends, thank you for giving the ultimate sacrifice. I ask that we now take a moment of silence to remember the fallen.

(Insert moment of silence)

Thank you.

Now I’d like to ask the family members and friends of any service member or veteran to come up front.

Often times these individuals are overlooked on this important day. However, on behalf of Empire Minecraft, let me say thank you for being the foundation for our veterans. Thank you for being the veterans’ motivation to keep going and having the compassion to understand why they do it. Thank you for supporting them through all that they do and being their support system through it all.

Please return to your seats.

Now you understand why I say Empire Minecraft is more than just a virtual world. We are a community full of real people with experiences that shape who we are and what we do. Hopefully you’ll remember that next time you get in an argument with another player in-game or on the forums.

Today, many ceremonies will take place all over the world to commemorate the day. Our ceremony is just one, but it’s one way to show that we honor all who served and remember those we lost. Thank you for coming today and once again, thank you to veterans of past and present and for your patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.
  11. My step-dad is a veteran so I am very please that even in the virtual world people are honoring these heroes. Thank you all.
  12. Veterans day is a special day in my heart being that i served in the U.S. Army as a Delta96 501st. My Grand father was a decorated soldier from WWII, when he passed on, he got the full military burial. What a sight to see when I was only 7 yrs old. I remember the very large flag that draped across the casket.
    He is always still missed to this day, even tho i knew him for such a short time, i loved his stories about those days he served.

My brother served not only as a marine for 10 years but also in the Army for 9 years. Did several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Hearing stories of his unit from the news was always nerve wracking, waiting and praying..come home safe brother.

I was in Basic training when the ground war started for Desert Storm and while i didn't go over seas i was State side doing my part.

These brave Men and Women serve, some full of fear as most would be naturally, and some galiant doing the job required to protect one and all, us included.

Thank you goes to all who served and are currently serving..our prayers go out to all of you. May God keep you safe and bring you home.
  13. I would get it, but I don't want to log in... xD
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Amazing work! Thank you very much for the kind words on behalf of myself, my family and my brothers and sisters in arms past, present, and future.

SGT Hardy U.S. Army (Retired)
    Served 2006 - 2013
    Afghanistan '07 - '08 / '09 - '10
    Honduras '10 - '11

I served my country proudly. I have lost many of my brothers to the demons that plague those who have answered the call to service. I struggle with those very demons at all moments of life, both awake and asleep. It takes high dosages of anti-psychotics and anti-depressants and a menagerie of other pills to quell the demons and the pain.

I have cast off the demons of drug addiction after escaping reality for almost every moment of my life... I am now facing the fears, anger, sadness, anxiety, loneliness and depression in a new and more positive method. I am now a college student and soon I will be driving long-haul routes for a trucking company while I finish out my degree and finally bringing my beautiful family home from Honduras to be with me...

Things are looking up right now, but I know better than to ignore the fact that the cliff face is just a few steps in the wrong direction...

Thank you all for the wonderful support and kind words. I wish I could have made the ceremony... Instead I was at home locked away in my own head remembering everyone I have lost personally and those brothers and sisters who have gone to protect the battlefield in the next life.
  15. This might be late as I didn't see this post, but I too would like to give my thanks to everyone of you out there. I would just like to personally thank every single one of the soldiers who have fought and died in any conflict, regardless of their country, they have all fought and died for brothers in arms and their countries, to every single military member past and present who have payed the ultimate sacrifice, and to those soldiers who have lost their comrades / brothers and sisters, especially to the families who are very overlooked upon. You all have my absolute attention and respect that you deserve. All the soldiers of so much courage, and I hope I will have enough courage to get through into the military, and I hope to follow in every single one of these soldiers footsteps.

To wrap it up, I think everyone on EMC. is truly grateful for all soldiers and families on EMC, and those outside of EMC.

Thank you to everyone who has served and continues to serve. I hope everyone had a very good remembrance day, in Australia we also had our Remembrance Day, and I was unfortunately not one of those Cadets to personally hold a Tri-Service parade, but I hope next year I will be apart of it all, and remember those loved ones who have fought and died. Thank you to all of you!
    Blackstone71 and TechFilmer like this.
  16. Its never too late to say Thanks :) Most importantly is the remembering also.
    MrWhosAwesome likes this.
  17. Soo wonder whats next years promo for this going to be?