[Guide] How to join the EMC Mumble on a Mac

Discussion in 'Player Guides, Tips and Tricks' started by PeculiarPotato, May 4, 2016.

?

Was This Useful?

Yeah! Thanks a lot!!! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No.. You suck at making tutorials. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. The Mumble Tutorial for mac is a lot like the windows version, but I have had to guide a few people through it. I thought it would be a good idea to just make a Mac version of it.

How to Get Mumble!

Mumble download: http://mumble.sf.net
    Mumble server: emc.gs
    Mumble port: default (automatically filled in)

Once downloaded and opened, you will be welcomed with the Audio Wizard. Some parts are unecessary and do not need to be changed.

Your Device selection may not look exactly like mine, but it should look similar. If you have a headset you will want to click on the "built-in Microphone" or "Default Device" and change that to the microphone that you have plugged in.

For this step, just read what it says and you will be fine.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP:

If you have a lot of background noise (Other people talking behind you, music playing, loud keyboard, etc.) you should select Push To Talk. If you have little to no background noise, then select "Signal-To-Noise ratio" and configure it to your liking.

The top part can be ignored. The bottom half however, is something you should pay attention to. Text-To-Speech is what it sounds like. Anything said in the text chat in mumble, will be played as a voice (Kind of like Siri on an iPhone). Afterwards, press continue and you are finished with the tutorial!

How to Connect to the EMC Mumble

After the tutorial, it will prompt you with a server list. You want to click "Add Server" and enter the following information:
    Label: EMC
    Address: emc.gs
    Port: (already filled in)
    Username: (Your username)

It should look something like this:

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

(I did take a few things from the original mumble tutorial)
    ORIGINAL MUMBLE TUTORIAL FOR WINDOWS: mumble.emc.gs
    JMB6362 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. Cool guide, very useful, thanks! :D One thing though, it's actually basically the same as on Windows, but I do like the extra explanation on the setup thingy, because it certainly had me confused for a while :p
  3. Even though it's pretty much the same in the wiki, seems to be a lot more descriptive; would recommend seeing if the team could update the wiki ;)