Guardian Farm I've been working on

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by DrEllis, Jul 3, 2017.

?

Are Guardian Farms worth the effort?

Yes 10 vote(s) 66.7%
No 1 vote(s) 6.7%
I hate cooked fish 1 vote(s) 6.7%
Yes, for the lanterns 2 vote(s) 13.3%
idk, but diorite looks like bird poop 1 vote(s) 6.7%
  1. Here is a guardian farm I've been working on.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/6cRyB

• Kills with fall damage+lava
    • Hopper minecart w/dropper+packed ice water stream collection.
    • Auto sorter

What makes this farm interesting, is I've built the spawning area in the lowest sub chunk possible. Note the blue line above the leaves/slabs. Minecraft looks for the highest opaque block in a chunk, and then spawns mobs from the bottom up. So my understanding is the lower the better... but I ain't no scientist. I also don't know how EMC tweaks affect this. It seems to have better rates than other guardian farms I've visited.

Also I know that leaves play a factor in spawning. I believe it helps with pack spawning? Probably should go watch some more ilmango or gnembon_mc videos to figure it out.

Any thoughts or insights are welcome. Farm isn't open to the public, but might be in the future.
  2. Looks amazing :) Never heard of leaves playing a factor in spawning, but I guess it could help? Not sure. Would love to see it in person as I've helped build around 4 of these lol
    WardleDeBoss and ellisbrewer like this.
  3. Thanks! Next time I'm on, I'll pm you and see if you have some time & I'll show ya around.
    ShelLuser, Eviltoade and WardleDeBoss like this.
  4. FYI, just learned of the change in 1.12 to downward water on glass/leaves so the rates aren't that impressive any more.

https://youtu.be/PcZXtQjhNMo?t=5m35s

So i might work to fix it.....or just deal with it
  5. So guardian farms are slower now unless you use redstone blocks? That's pretty bad, I don't want to tear up my entire farm and replace it with redstone blocks :/
  6. Same here!

At least it doesn't render the farm unusable, just not efficient.
  7. If I've got nothing better to do I'll build a guardian farm on two seperate single player worlds and run them each for one hour later today, 1.11 V 1.12 and I'll report back here to see if it's worth the effort. Someone really needs to go scream in all the MC dev's ears till they lose their hearing to get them to change this back. :p