Group difficulty setting

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by farmerguyson, Nov 16, 2022.

1. If I invite players to join a group I created how is the difficulty setting set? What happens if I'm on diff 5 and another player joins on diff 10? Will the mob attack all of us as diff 10?
  2. Firstly, I'd recommend just doing /group difficulty 6 or whatever # you prefer as a group leader, so that there is less of a chance for unfortunate surprises to happen,
    however /group difficulty 0 does exist which gives all group members their own /ps diff

So my best guess, is that mobs will either balance out the effective difficulty (like if one is on /diff 1, and the second on /diff 10, it will average to effective difficulty 5.5.

Not sure how damage handling occurs when there are multiple difficulties at play, if as you suggest is personalized, or average among the different settings from the start; but pretty sure rewards are calculated with the "average effective difficulty of the fight"
    607, TECtock and farmerguyson like this.
  3. Thank you.

I searched the forums and forgot all about the wiki. That's great to know there is a way to set the group diff setting.
    607 and TECtock like this.