Group Chat Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 1MB, Feb 3, 2013.

1. I was asked to move my requests to suggestion thread - and I didn't want to bump the other similar threads on this suggestion, so here is my version (Also if you want to check out my Res Command Perm thread please visit: Here )

• Group Chat
      • Like how a player can type /tell %player and it will start a private conversation with them ... the group chat is basically like /tell ... except If i'm talking to %player 1 ... i can type /add %player2 ... and it will start a group convo and i can keep typing /add and it will add more people to the private chat (maybe have a number of players limit) ...
      • Or if someone else is in a group chat i can type /join to add myself to the group chat for a public chat ... or if it's a private group you'd have to type /invite %player and it sends them a request to the convo... or if you receive a request type /join .... same with other way around, if you want to leave the convo type /leave
      • Here's a tree-branch style to better organize what I mean (I'll use eklektoi, wcg_elite (my alt acc) and bob as example names:
        • /chat info wcg_elite
          • (it shows what chat wcg is in ... or if he in a group chat or not ... if he is in group it will say if it's private or not)
            • /join wcg_elite
              • (join's his convo ... or if it's private i have to wait until i get a request)
        • (If in a convo ... if it's started by just /tell and (/add)ing players - it becomes a /public group chat
          • Everyone can freely /join and /leave
        • (If convo is started by /start private convo)
          • You are the convo leader and are giving these commands:
            • /kick (bob)
              • It removes a player from your conversation.
            • /invite (eklektoi)
              • This sends a player a group request.
            • /stop private convo
              • This ends the conversation all together.
            • /promote (wcg_elite)
              • If you have a lot of players in your chat and don't want to end it but have to leave ... you can promote a player to become group owner.
      • I know This sounded a bit like role playing or facebook styled chat ... but I thought it might be cool to be able to /tell multiple people at same time so we don't have to keep switching back and forth typing players names constantly.
    p.s) I Just copied this from my conversation - I actually am taking visual basic - and can rewrite this so it can actually work sometime
    (If anyone has any questions, please comment below :D )
  2. I don't think I like this, I think it takes away from the whole point of PMs.
    Also, if we had this, nobody would talk in town chat anymore lol
  3. nfell2009 and Jcplugs like this.
  4. It doesn't say anything about adding the feature to emc on that thread, I was just trying to add this thread because that wasn't talked about in over 6 months ... Plus there are more things needed to make it feasible -

imagine you start a group chat and invite people and then you just switch channels, if you don't have the ability to /group leave ... then you would essentially still receive messages from people in the group chat while you are in, for instance, town chat.