Good bye emc.

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ECID_Goku, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know the story here but there is a big difference between "discovering a glitch" and "abusing a glitch" which is what this player is reported to be banned for. I imagine "abuse" would mean that this player knew this glitch wasn't allowed, was probably warned about it, and then chose to ignore that warning and use it anyway. Probably even tried to hide the fact that they were using it.

I don't think a moderator or admin would ban a player for discovering a new glitch. So your argument isn't really valid here, sorry.
  2. As long as player promptly reports a bug to us and hands over any illegit obtained items, they never are punished.

These players clearly knew they were doing wrong as they both attempted to hide the fact once they saw staff were watching.
  3. Also, I personally do not like the villager exploit, but have left it alone because, like hundreds of other things in Minecraft: Many Vanilla "Bugs" are considered "unofficial features".

In the same way that Redstone>Obsidian is allowed.

But abusing an emc exploit, especially when you know its not the INTENDED behaviour, is grounds for punishment.

If you feel the need to use a glitch but dont want to tell staff about it.... then that means its likely something thats going to get you banned.
    jkjkjk182 and southpark347 like this.
  4. It doesnt matter how you feel about it, I dont care how you feel about it. Its all over now and all you can do is say bye.
  5. Hmmm?

Why do I always show up when this topic is raised..?????
  6. Bye Steve and Goku, you guys were pretty cool. I'll miss you guys! Hope you guys have a good life and have lots of success in the future :)
  7. Thanks, to all the friends we have made and now lost.
    SkareCboi and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  8. Bye :( You will be dearly missed by all of us :)
  9. I do wish you both farewell in a new server you may find. Please do appeal if you ever get the chance. Might I remind you that no matter where you go, no matter what server you go into. A majority of servers and their staff members will ban anyone for any sort of glitch. There are no special cases; Unless specified that i.e. Infinite villagers and redstone -> obsidian is ok. I hope you do not see this as a final goodbye but more of as a lesson to learn off of. I have seen many players lose everything they have earned. They appealed. Lesson be learned. They still enjoy the empire the way it was supposed to be enjoyed. I hope you too come back wiser and take that second chance to take on a better light here at Empire Minecraft.

Edit: Sorry if hard to read, my english isn't so great :S
  10. If you do not like something use the 7 years of coding to change it, but then again your server would have been updated along with your out of date website. I posted a list of common practices a few months ago so you can re-learn what you have obviously forgotten. Picking and choosing isn't a preference among professionals. Also dont is spelled don't and behaviour is behavior underlined in red, the "unofficial feature" I was banned for wht seems like an unfair advantage but you're the professional here not me :D I gave the stuff I earned away also I'm not going to pay $40 to be able to play on your server like you suggested.
  11. Not if I own the server my good sir.
  12. *what

Also, this is not the place to dispute the circumstances of your ban. Please refer to http://appeal.emc.gs/. There is a section to dispute the ban if you feel the need. However, please don't do it here.
  13. I know, as you can see it's not disputing anything.
  14. How about you just leave now. :) I think the majority of us would rather not listen to your temper tantrum.
    PenguinDJ, BailiB, wisepsn and 5 others like this.
  15. Instead, unfortunately, you've reached the focus of snide remarks in order to pursue a personal tantrum against staff and the server; with opinions that were vastly obscure just days ago when you weren't banned.

Goodbyes have been made, and we wish you luck in the future. Locking thread
    dresden72, PenguinDJ, BailiB and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.