godaddy down

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bonzd67, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I swear, PirateBay's just been added to the block list then...
  2. That was quite a while ago - Newzbin was the recent one.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  3. Holy mother of god I jelly! X(
  4. Downloading diablo in 5 minutes never get's old :)
  5. How long did it take you to download Team Fortress 2? (on Steam) (If you don't have it can you try to get it through Steam? :))
  6. I'll download it for the lulz - Give me a sec.
    IamSaj likes this.
  7. I'm pretty sure it's 12.3 GB or 11 - 12.5k MB.
  8. My thoughts exactly. I pay $50 US / month for 15Mb/s.

Now I'm curious what you pay, PoshJosh. I may actually be jealous. I always thought Branson was the man. Haha.
  9. I'm getting Roadrunner/Time Warner Cable Internet soon, I heard it's really good for online gaming and my friend says he gets A's on www.speedtest.net with it... :p
  10. Steams acting odd - It'll jump down to 400kbps and then up to 14.1 - Then back down again - Something up with there servers.
    IamSaj likes this.
  11. I pay £25.50 a month - Which is $40.8
    IamSaj likes this.
  12. I do suggest domain.com for domain registration and hostgator.com for hosting.

I still have my domains through godaddy but I will actually be switching to domain next renewal cycle because of their SOPA/PIPA support. I have nothing but the best to say about hostgator, they are incredibly awesome even when you want to cancel your account.
  13. Host gator is the most expensive host in the world.
  14. what is godaddy ive heard of it but i dont know what they do
  15. $3.96 a month for unlimited webhosting bandwidth with unlimited domains, unlimited SQL/PHP tables/space, unlimited hard drive space, 99.9%+ uptime guarantee, lifetime toll free 24/7/365 live tech support is expensive? Please tell me what world you live in, so I can buy rent, groceries, heck at that rate a car and house there.

Oh, I forgot, wind powered entirely, so very green.
    mba2012 and bonzd67 like this.
  16. I seee... You do it on Webhosting - I do it on actual servers - Which I can then also host a website on - They have extremely expensive dedicated and vps.
  17. If I was going to go that route I would build my own web server out of an old DL360 or DL380 and send it to a personal CoLo. :) I was going to go that route, I have a DL360 G2 here (dual tualatin 1.4GHz) but then found hostgator and decided that would be enough for me so long as I stay on comcast 20/4 at home.
  18. They host web domains, Empire Minecraft is hosted by GoDaddy. Therefore, GoDaddy is the world leader in misleading Super Bowl commercials.

And just saying, it's generally faster, but storms and all...

19. Being the middle of the day and sharing this with two other people, this is about typical. At night I get much closer to the full 20Mbps we are paying ~$80 a month for.

Especially considering I have to run the internet to my bedroom via WiFi and am using a WRT54G with DD-WRT in client bridge mode to run the internet up here, I would say this is a pretty good result. I have a D link DIR-615 N router downstairs with the cisco cablemodem. I run all intel PRO/1000 series cards and D-LINK gigabit switches (which use vitesse networking hardware, not realtek crap inside).
  20. Good old WRT54G. I have 3 of those floating around. They are nearly indestructible.

Sparertoaster - we are VERY close geographically, if you tested your closest server.

As far as hosting goes, I use brinkster. About 10-12 years ago they were one of the cheapest hosts around. They charge me roughly $90US/ year for a Linux server. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure of the bandwidth restrictions or total storage, but it is well more than I have use for. They seem to be secure, and I've never had an issue with anything.