Glitch or what?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Canucks_, Dec 15, 2013.

1. That is the outer boundaries in the wastelands. I believe waste is 10,000x10,000?
    Yes, I have almost died by this too. Flat lands are not too bad, however if you are on a hill when passing this limit, you may be warped into a chunk of dirt, which will suffocate you. I got down to around 2 hearts before getting out of the dirt. Also, sometimes you might almost get trapped. At a mesa, I got trapped in this for minutes before 'getting' out.

Feels like you are in a time warp and if you are around uneven blocks, be prepared to spend some time getting out.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Incorrect, see below for correct answer re. size.
    The math is as follows using the original source image;
    /Wastelands Centre Spawn = x:0 z:0
    location of wastelands boarder as shown = x:-4000
    This allows us to know that the boarder is 4000 blocks from centre spawn, as assuming the logic that the world will be a square and not an oblong, all boarders will be at that same 4000block distance from centre spawn.
    4000 + 4000 = 8000, so each box side is 8000 long, or 8k blocks as said by canuckshockey.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. My discalculiac brain understands nothing you just wrote :p
  4. I'm at GSCE B-Level in Maths and Statistics and I didn't understand a word of that. Don't feel bad. :)
  5. I haven't started my GCSEs yet, because i'm still choosing my options and i'm only Year 9, but i'm pretty sure i'll be atleast a C- :p
  6. Really? I'm pretty sure that powers were taught in year 8... or at least they were for myself.
    work through the sums guys, X*10 is going result in the addition of a 0 to the end of your number,
    but by the laws of BODMAS [Brackets, Other, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction] the power's sum must be done first, so in the sum 1*10^3, you have 1*1000 or 1000.
    What I was saying is the picture shows the 1000th year highlighted, which is called a millennium, not a century(thats 100 years).
    Cchiarell6914 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. Instead of BODMAS You just just do PEMDAS (Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally, or Parentheses exponents multiplication division addition subtraction)
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.

8. ....
    THE CONSPIRACY
    SDOliveira, mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. Those are both exactly the same, BODMAS is what the two with the issue will have been taught so I have referenced that. It will then be their own choice to move onto PEMDAS if they take mathematics to A level.
    Don't complicate things for people during an explanation ;) first rule of teaching.
    Equinox_Boss and jacob5089 like this.
  10. I was always taught BIDMAS

Bracket, Indices, Divide, Multiple, Addition, Subtraction.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. GEMDAS!!!'
    Grouping exponents multplication division addition subtraction !!!
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. Yeah, uh.... I don't know what to say to this.
    Try this
    And this
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Yes. I was hard. Now tell me what 2+2 is cuz I can't figure it out.
    xP
  14. Wastelands boundaries.
    A step to prevent constantly regenerating resources to be fully taken advantage of.
    A step taken my ICC to prevent Aikar from demolishing the economy.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. The picture says Half-Life 3 will come in 3000 (I believe?). That's in a hundred years?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.

16. no... the date is 2013...
    in a hundred years it will be 2113...
    in a thousand years it will be 3013...
  17. You know what I meant...
  18. Are you british? :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.