Gender Identity/Sexual Preference Discussion

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gawadrolt, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scientifically speaking the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

If something cannot be disproven, then it is possible. And as we are talking about something that can only be a part of human experience and is not measurable, but is reported by several people to have occurred to them, I would hope you would at least entertain the possibility that they are speaking what they feel is their truth.

We don't always have to understand each other, but it would be nice if we all respected each other.
  2. Ok i see this as almost a counter thread towards Finchrocks thread made previously? Gawaldrot was this really necessary. Why can't we accept that not everyones the same in the world. Everyone Male Female Neutral all are one thing humans. Us as humans need to stop treating trans gender Gay ect.... as if they are strangers or aliens. I find this thread slightly offensive even though I'm straight I'm trying to think of others and how there feelings are right now. Please don't start this type of thing on EMC. Myself and many others are wanting to be with people who are kind friendly and generous towards others feelings.
  3. I already pointed this out but the "gay american flag people" as you put it, was a hoax posted on a satirical news site. Satirical, meaning fake. The same site that posted the original story about the "gay american flag" petition, also just announced that Arnold Schwarzenegger is dead. He may be old...but not obsolete. He's still very much alive. Your persecutors are strawmen.
    Spiritress and SoulPunisher like this.
  4. We can have a friendly, on-topic debate about this. Finch's thread was more geared towards being a fact-y thread to get stuff off her chest as people had been bullying her. It wasn't really appropriate to debate stuff there, and people tried to do that, which resulted in staff action.

If we can have a civil discussion about this without ripping eachother's throats out, this could be an interesting thread. We can't really do anything to change other's views, but we can learn why people think how they think and come to an understanding with eachother.
    crystaldragon13 and Gawadrolt like this.
  5. Is this one of those threads kryss comes and shuts it down?
  6. This thread will be locked, not due to its content, but due to the players' inability to handle this topic with respect for each other and their beliefs. I was hoping that this thread would be different than others, but it is clear that we are not at a point where we can allow such controversial discussions without players making insults towards one another. Maybe one day that will change, but we have more social growth to undergo before that will happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.