Games Server?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Aliyaxoxo, Jul 9, 2017.

1. What's this thing looking like? I aint heard a thing about it for awhile and I think it could raise EMC's survivability so just curious
  2. shhhh big things are coming. just be a little more patient!
  3. Okay I just found this thing on Dev Tracker and it says Games will not be available till after Dragon Tombs and I didn't find anything on Dragon Tombs in the Dev Tracker. Is Games canceled?
  4. incorrect
  5. There was a Community Vote a while back and it was to be after the work of Empires and Land claims.

It Not just relies on the Dev but also build team.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  6. Just because it relies on two teams doesn't mean it should be any slower. The two can simultaneously work
  7. Aikar managed to finish out some of his side of the Games Server while in Texas this week, so (as some players noticed beacuse it showed up on /staff) over the last week, the Staff are able to test the games properly and Simon is working to fix any issues that arise over the past updates as well as change some minor location issues that could cause lag issues, one of which being the PvP arenas.

The progress on the Games server is still partially reliant on some minor world release code changes on Aikar's part, but they aren't required. So a of right now, it's playable and in dev testing.
  8. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cant wait till it comes
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. So is there an estimate on when it will be released to the public? Or is it still too early for that?
  10. I have a rough idea, but prefer to wait until just a few more things are solid before giving that date.
  11. At least now we have a confirmation it's being worked on. As stated above in EmpireMall's post:
    Games is not on the dev tracker. (It is, If you search. Last updated March 2014). Can we at least get the dev tracker updated to show where progress is CURRENTLY? From your reply, We know it's being actively worked on, Isn't it time to let us track the progress?
    EmpireMall likes this.
  12. That's because games server progress is not dev anymore and is reliant on staff instead. But sure, I'll locate where it is at on that dev tracker and update with what I've stated here.