future land claiming suggestion

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Envine, May 31, 2023.

1. probably jumping on this already with empires only just dropping, but some of us are thinking about Land calming and how it'll work and be tied to empires.
    The way i'm suggesting the system to work is to basically purchase chunks with ether rupees or tokens, id say tokens as they are more scarce and prevent players from spam claiming random chunks.

A few criteria need to be met to successfully purchase a chunk that being

-5000? blocks from another empires claim chunk
    - cannot claim chunks with blocks placed by players outside you're empire
    -10000 blocks from spawn/outpost
    - cant claim in wastelands

To prevent claiming spam, you would have to purchase the ability to claim land in the empires shop menu, how much it'll be, who knows. 100k rupees? then each individual chunk would cost some tokens/rupees.
    To make claiming easier you can have a "land claiming mode" which will automatically claim land when you walk into a new unclaimed chunk that pleases the above requirements.

Some other potential features could include

- the ability to sub divide claims each with its own enter and leave messages which would be useful for a town with multiple members.

- A Ally system which would allow empires to claim right next to eachother

- A flag system with flags like; Move, mob greifing, preventing certain rank/members from building/breaking blocks & with a subdivison system this can also be applied to that.

- Custom enter and leave messages for main empire & also sub divisions

I can see the possibility of this being pretty endless and also a way to sort of de-inflate the economy

drop idea below and we can get a conversation going which could lead to more great ideas
  2. i agree with this in its entirety
  3. Just copy/pasting my submission I did in 2018 in Chickeneer's survey - I'll make this pretty when I get time, otherwise just quoting for now - don't necessarily agree with all I said 5 years ago, but thorough enough to share

Commenting in your ideas in next post
  4. -5000? blocks from another empires claim chunk I think this is arguably too high. With decreasing amount of members in EMC in general and trying to increase server engagement- high numbers don't make sense - krysyy/aikar mentioned in the past, and I believe chicken as well that the 5k forum guidelines was a conservative amount so that when the code was implemented no issues would arise, but I would imagine a 2-3K being sufficient. I Like your idea of ALLY empires, but I would also offer a read about distinguishing between Claimed chunks and OutpostCenter chunk in my post above

- cannot claim chunks with blocks placed by players outside you're empire
    -10000 blocks from spawn/outpost Special SS service to allow for builds near spawn to be claimed (maybe with a nerf = Not being able to Move False people at all if within <5k blocks from spawn)
    - cant claim in wastelands

To prevent claiming spam, you would have to purchase the ability to claim land in the empires shop menu, how much it'll be, who knows. 100k rupees? then each individual chunk would cost some tokens/rupees. Yeah, I think there should be different land currencies the Empire could have: Claimable Chunks and OutpostSpawns (or OutpostCenters/Cities my 5-year ago me named) - Being able to start a new outpost claim vs expanding the current one - but I also think my mechanic of "satellite" claims is also very interesting

To make claiming easier you can have a "land claiming mode" which will automatically claim land when you walk into a new unclaimed chunk that pleases the above requirements.

Some other potential features could include cool idea - maybe have alerts, every time you meet a certain treshold of expenditure, or even a limit within the command "/landclaimingmode <TAG> 20k" Land claiming mode will be ON until a maximum purchase price of 20k tokens - or similar

- the ability to sub divide claims each with its own enter and leave messages which would be useful for a town with multiple members. What has been stated in the past, is that Empires will literally be the Residence system in the Wild. Same Flags - probably some new ones? - with its included SubRes feature - so it should be expected for this to be within the update

- A Ally system which would allow empires to claim right next to eachother Very good idea

- A flag system with flags like; Move, mob greifing, preventing certain rank/members from building/breaking blocks & with a subdivison system this can also be applied to that. same as above^2 - probably able to increase the amount of sub divisions depending on Empire level

- Custom enter and leave messages for main empire & also sub divisions +1 - Limit colors as well depending on Empire Level -> same as Empire Color Tag right now (as explained in thread that it is in the roadmap)

I can see the possibility of this being pretty endless and also a way to sort of de-inflate the economy

drop idea below and we can get a conversation going which could lead to more great ideas

5. Basically needing a public farm/public resource exception.
    As these are already handled on a individual basis, giving a criteria and a format to restrict griefing and damage would serve the builder's interests. No one assumes that close-to-spawn facilities are private/formal claims, but, very often they have been recognized for the public-use aspect.
    Smps 3,6,7,8 (and some other areas) would benefit to having this protection on public works complexes.
    Nickblockmaster and Fred_TWK like this.
  6. I started searching the forums for any discussions about spawn-claiming-issues after ExtendingSkys was asking chat about the mechanics of it.

This is one of the conversations that I could locate and it seems to go right to the heart of issue.

How to handle any claims that might fall inside the spawn boundary where no locked chests are able to be placed?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.