Future Community Build - Mega Horse Race Track!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheDarkAngel7, Jul 13, 2017.

1. It looks like an interesting project to me, but I don't see any progress since July, besides the donation updates. Do you plan to achieve rupee goal for building part and then start on building the track itself?
    Are rupees the only missing part to start the building process for race tracks or is there any other obstacles in the way as well?
  2. The main part I'm missing is the rupees to make this happen. I'll probably be asking for an SS service to remove some layers of dirt but after that, the rupees in the building part are going to be very low and I won't be able to progress anymore.

I've also been pretty hesitant to ask around for help. Believe me, I want the help it's just hard finding people who I can trust.
    Starzival likes this.
  3. I can make balloons around the residences...
  4. Big Shoutout to PhoenixAffinity for donating 150,000r to the project!
    Eviltoade and RainbowPony like this.
  5. From Voting, The Rupee Donations, so far there's 552,800r in the budget. Senior Staff service for the residence has been completed and building can get started, I'm working on some ideas to put on the track.

Also, the toade is going to be building the swamp in the first area, I'm thinking of a desert maze with cactus and a nether themed area in the other 2 areas, plus an obstacle course and the main entrance on the surface. Hopefully, on opening day... I'll see you all there!
    Smooshed_Santa and RainbowPony like this.
  6. The prize donations graph has been steadily going up from voting, who can help it go further?
  7. We're now over half a million rupees in the prize pool!
    SansTheTimeLord and RainbowPony like this.
  8. We're progressing further to getting started on building, the model just got a naturally generated swamp thanks to the help of worldedit, and we're looking at giving away at least a diamond supporter voucher at the first event! Remember, if you want to donate toward the track, use "/pay TheLightAngel [amount] [reason]" and your donation will go toward the prize pool and if you want your donation to go toward the building, make sure to put "building fund" in the reason.
  9. Pushing this thread to the top as building as the model is still in progress and reminding everyone what is coming... once the model is done I'll likely be looking for people who know how to use Schematica to help me build.
    SansTheTimeLord and Starzival like this.
  10. More progress has been made on the model for the track! Don't forget, it won't be possible to giveaway prizes or even build the track without donations so take a look at the information on the first post on how to send donations!

Screenshots of the track will also be released soon...
    SansTheTimeLord likes this.
  11. Any updates? :)
  12. The model is still coming along, trying not to break myself with the amount of work it's going to take to match EMC to the model, lol so trying to take in consideration of what kind of money I'd be looking at. It's a work in progress, screenshots are coming, but the biomes I'm thinking of doing are the desert biome with a cactus maze, the swamp with its treacherous landscape, and the hard to maneuver forest.
    FadedMartian likes this.