Future Community Build - Mega Horse Race Track!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheDarkAngel7, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Introduction

Hey EMCers! I’ve had this event idea floating around this angel’s head for a while and I want to get this idea out to the community and get some reactions! This event is going to be racing horses through a series of obstacles such as cobwebs, water, lava, and even redstone hurdles! You’d also be faced with normal obstacles that you’d face when you’re out in the wild plus more challenging obstacles for a chance to win BIG Prizes!

Why?

Help me turn this vision into a reality! I feel this is something that the community could put a lot of great use into! I'm wanting to go farther than just an ordinary race track... I'm wanting to put horses to the test! Also, while events aren’t in progress, this track will be open to the public for you to practice on, but the track will be closed a couple days before the actual event. Other players do put effort into race tracks, but honestly after a while of just racing around in a circle, it kinda gets boring after a couple races :p. This track won’t be just following a designated path, you’ll be facing lots of obstacles along the path to victory! This track won’t be just a circle either, one moment you could be dealing with water, the next moment you’ll be making a series of turns, and the next the entire track gets plunged into darkness! Now, it won’t be the same track forever, I’ll explain that further down the thread.

Where?

This won’t be on a smp because we’re not going to be doing this to boost any of the smp’s reputations. xD There’s also not enough space on a smp residence for the magnitude of this project! There will be 2 utopia residences getting used, one to house the track itself and then the other to house the winner’s circle where all the prizes will be awarded. The residences have easy to remember numbers, the main race track residence will be 5500, and the winner’s circle is going to be on residence 5600.

How?

This would definitely be a huge project for 1 angel… so I’m going to need everyone’s help with coming up with ideas and building them when an idea gets selected by the community. I have blueprints of the residence after some Y-axis levels of dirt are “dug out” by the Senior Staff. I already have a couple ideas but if any of you are able to think of a better idea then by all means throw it out there! Currently, I have 3 spaces plus the surface reserved for community builds, the surface is reserved for the main entrance and obstacle course. Each of these 3 slots has 12 blocks high reserved for the build on this 120x120 plot.

So, on that note, I’d like everyone to please send me some ideas of biomes we can model into the 120x120x12 spaces. Please bear in mind that these biomes need to be tough for horses to traverse, but not impossible. I’ll take the 3 most popular biomes that the community has come up with and I’ll work them into the blue prints. Some of the ideas in the poll are mazes or parkours, you can suggest those too! ;) The poll will close in about 1 month.

After finalization of the blue prints, I’ll begin taking build submissions from everyone on biomes that were decided (This is where my work piles up). Your submissions should be a model of the biomes that were selected; you are not required to submit all the biomes that are decided; if you only want to submit 1, 2, or all of the decided biomes that’d fine too! However, if you decide to submit a surface design I’d expect the entire surface to be designed. I’m also going to accept Winner’s circle submissions as building the winner’s circle is a pretty big job also for just 1 angel! Your submission for the Winner’s circle also must meet 120x120, but no height limit. While there is no height limit, make your submission reasonable. Also please keep in mind that the residence is in a Plains biome, so your build isn’t going to appear in its “natural” biome. When the deadline arrives for these submissions, I’ll compile all the submissions into 1 superflat world, and I’ll make this world available for download, we’ll then take a vote on which of the submissions are the best for each individual planned biome. The build for each biome that receives the highest number of votes will be built on EMC! Every couple months (depends on my real life) we’ll be switching up the tracks with other builds so that’s it’s not the same track forever, so then we’ll be doing the same process again! So let me know what you think as that’s one of the purposes of this thread!
    Star09, RainbowPony and EnderMagic1 like this.
  2. $ $ $ $ $

Now obviously, none of this is going to be possible on EMC without rupees! Since this is a community project, the entire event will be run solely off of donations! Opening now is the donation funds. Please don’t send your donations to TheDarkAngel7, send them to me, TheLightAngel!The reason why TheDarkAngel7 wants to do it this way is because you can't trust dark angels with rupees to keep his personal rupees separate from the event rupees. ;) There’s going to be 2 separate donation purposes, those purposes are The Building Fund, and The Prize Pool! The rupees that are in the prize pool are going to be used to buy the prizes such as promos, diamonds, emeralds, and even supporter vouchers! TheDarkAngel7 would love to give away a supporter voucher!

The rupees that are in the building fund will be put toward materials that are going to be used for building this gigantic track! If we need more rupees for the building fund it’ll be reflected on the graph by increasing the highest number on the graph. If we complete the track and we still have rupees in the building fund, they’ll be taken out of the fund and put in the prize pool. You should specify where your rupees are going toward in the reason part of the /pay command. If you want your rupees to go the building fund then you need to specify that, otherwise they’re going to be going toward the prize pool! “/pay TheLightAngel [amount] [reason]”

The graphs aren’t updated automatically, it requires me coming back and looking through my rupee history to see what transactions have taken place. Then I punch in the new number and the graph updates! When they are updated, you will see the green bar climb with the current value above it. Below the graph you’ll see the time when the graph was last updated.

Top Donators

1st: PhoenixAffinity: 150,000r
    2nd: The Hoppin' Eviltoade: 80,000r
    3rd: fBuildeRS: 10,000r
    You should specify where your rupees are going toward in the reason part of the /pay command. If you want your rupees to go the building fund then you need to specify that, otherwise they’re going to be going toward the prize pool! “/pay TheLightAngel [amount] [reason]”

The Prize Pool
    Goal: 600,000r
    Goal Lowered - It's Official, an Iron, Gold, and a Diamond Supporter Voucher will be given away at the first event!

Why so high? I don’t only want to give prizes to the top 3 players, but I want to give everyone a prize!

The Building Fund
    Goal: 150,000r

Goal Lowered - Senior Staff Service Completed

Disclaimer: These graphs are not in any way, shape, or form showing that we’re “begging” for rupees, their sole purpose is to show the current amount there is in each fund and how far away each of the funds are away from their goals. ;)
    EnderMagic1 likes this.
  3. *Reserved for Future Expansion*
  4. I can help you with making it look half-decent :p mainly for the winner's circle, I can do quite Some designing in loads of different styles, we can maybe try to get Some other designers aswell so we've got a Like bit of a team going.
    I am currently designing a boat race track (The rest is secret), and it Sems nice to have Some more different race tracks gong on on emc.
    For a porteflio, I suggest going to my imgur account ( jelle68.imgur.com ) I have got a little uploaded there (currently on a tablet, so I can't do real much)

And a little edit: When I posted this I didn't read it all to see That you alredey were asking for builders (as I didn't have That much time.) but I'm still offerend my building, I'd not complain doing things Like makeing proper transitions, and other little things That need to be done with thease kinds of builds.
  5. For the magnitude of this project, I can definitely use the help. I'm throwing the idea out there and get some reactions ;)
    Jelle68 likes this.
  6. This looks amazing :) Looks like a lot of work went into conception, and I will help any way I can. Horses and events involving them is definitely lacking on EMC for sure. The Horse market in general has been lackluster for some time now, which is unfortunate :(
  7. This is a event I would really like to come into existence, not everyone just enjoys breeding horses and not competing with them. I can see that most likely racers will want to play it strategically and not just go for the fastest horse they can buy. Obstacle races encourage players to think more than just speed, jump height and the rider actually practicing will be what it takes to win a race like this.

As Toade stated earlier, the Horse Market isn't doing so hot. Some of the main Speed groups we have in the Horse Market: 130-132 are virtually dead in terms of sales, while 133+ speeds are in a great demand but because they are so hard to breed, stocks have been driven to nearly 0. It's quite a shame that 132's have recently entered the impossible to sell category, and its not specific to the common or rarer color groups.

Me and my colleagues will continue to work on our long term projects in hopes to drive the Horse Market and make breeding certain horses easier, adding 130's with high jump and health, making horse colors like Dark Brown and Grey to become more common in the high Speed category, pushing the Donkey and Mule sub categories to become more than just a joke market.

This is a great idea to help give the Horse Market a boost, and help non-staff events flourish on EMC!
    Jelle68 and TheDarkAngel7 like this.
  8. Well Toade I could use the help in getting the word out to the community!
    Eviltoade likes this.
  9. Com'mon fellas, I need some more comments!
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  10. Com'mon fellas, I need some more comments! This also can't be done without rupees, LightAngel has been getting his rupee bonuses and voting bonuses but it's not enough, anyone have generous hearts and are willing to donate to this cause?
  11. This reminds me of my old times, Horsekart. I spent so much time in this horse-racing track, but it didn't look that great. I will gladly help donate rupees because I am a terrible builder in MC. :p Horseracing back on smp3 was really fun a few years ago; I want to see it thrive again today! :D
  12. Big Shoutout to EvilToade for donating 80,000r to the project!
    Eviltoade likes this.
  13. Planning on donating more - the horse market really needs the stimulation right now!
    TheDarkAngel7 likes this.
  14. Another shout out to Realtomsmasher2 for 3,000r! Building and getting prizes isn't cheap everyone, who else has some extra rupees lying around?

Don't forget about the build budget either guys, we need 120,000r so SS can do some structure removal (dirt)!
  15. Com'mon guys, we can't do this without rupees! It's easy to get on the leaderboard at the moment, do we have any generous hearts out there?
  16. Com'mon guys, we can't do this without rupees! It's easy to get on the leaderboard at the moment, do we have any other donators out there?
  17. Com'mon guys, we can't do this without rupees! It's easy to get on the leaderboard at the moment, do we have any other donators out there?
  18. *Flies down the thread list, grabs this thread, and drops it on top*

Com'mon guys, we can't do this without rupees! It's easy to get on the leaderboard at the moment, do we have any other donators out there?
  19. *Flies down the thread list, grabs this thread, and drops it on top*

Com'mon guys, we can't do this without rupees! It's easy to get on the leaderboard at the moment, do we have any other donators out there?
  20. *Flies down the thread list, grabs this thread, and drops it on top*

This idea is still alive out there guys! TheLightAngel is still taking rupee donations, anyone else out there who would want to see this idea come to life?
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.