Fully Automatic Melon / Pumpkin farm

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Impaxis, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Here is the redstone noob.

Im terrible with redstone, but I would love to build myself a fully automatic melon / pumpkin farm on my utopia res.
    I've been looking on YT for tutorials, but I dont really know wich design would work and is efficient.

If someone know a design, or got a YT tutorial, please let me know!
    All help is welcome! :)
    Scarmanzer likes this.
  2. Look above my sugarcane farm on my 1st res.
  3. Check out /v 3544 (go immediately left when visiting the res.). It is not the biggest, maybe also not the most efficient, but as long as it's active it'll get you plenty of stuff. I thought I had put up the NBT (structure block file) for this already, seems I didn't. If you're interested then I can get you a download link.

The design has one caveat: sometimes when the chunk gets (un)loaded and only one melon is needed for the harvest then it can happen that the system doesn't detect it. When that happens all you have to do is to get the hoe from the chest (you'll know which one it is because the redstone torch is on) and put it into the main dropper (or the hopper below the chest).

PS: you won't find this on youtube because this is my own design :cool:
  4. Check out /v +bulkf on smp8. I got a fully auto melon (or could be pumpkin) contraption there. It takes advantage of efficiency of the stems in a row and watered. I just hope all the melons get collected. It seems to produce a lot.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. I have one, works well enough. Contact me if you want to see it.