Free Games.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SillyWhiteMage, May 4, 2012.

1. Is Bounce the Nokia game? :confused:
  2. The cripple girl visual novel was going to be in my next update of links.

Also don't lie to people. Combat Arms is a horrid game. I should know since I played from beta to late 2010, and there is really nothing pro about it. Call of Duty takes more skills.

Not that I'm aware. Its a silly little fpp.
    DOTD1997 likes this.
  3. I was going to add more games in this update, but I got distracted.
  4. Wakes up, has over 40 alerts. None of them about this thread.
    mfw
    AssignedInsanity and DOTD1997 like this.
  5. YES! It's so legit...
  6. I heard Tribes: Ascend was good, but I have not played it.
  7. I'm putting up a mmo thread later.
  8. Maybe it could be a 2d/3d game with a side view of a 3d environment? Like Splosion Man and Shadow Complex.

EDIT: Forgot the whole reason I came here D:

Dead Frontier is a pretty good zombie MMO. Granted, it is a top down shooter/hack n' slash, but it is topdown in THREEEE DEEEEEEE OoooOOoo Heh

Also, I have played a bunch of other free to play MMO games such as the following:
    FlyFF
    Maplestory
    Spiral Knights
    Rusty Hearts (Best with friends)
    Fiesta (It is ok.)

These are only some of the ones I have played, but these are the ones I have played the most.
  9. It is a fps.
  10. Its a mmofps.
  11. Gamespot, IGN, and Wikipedia all say that Tribes: Ascend is a fps. Just because it is online only does not make it an mmo. MMO's are open world games and, from what I have seen, Tribes: Ascend is not.
  12. A f2p fps game that has a mmofps model and is being done by a mmo company totally isn't a mmofps.
  13. I do not see how it has a mmo model. MMO's generally have questing, RPG elements, and an open world. Tribes: Ascend - with its objective based matches and team death matches - reminds me of COD more than a mmo. It is not an mmo just because it was made by a company that has made mmo's.
  14. The mmo model changes between genre. Most online shooters(mmofps are a type of these) are multiplayer only,f2p,have cash shops,leveling/skill systems, match based rather then open world and are hosted the way other mmos are. There are ones that differ and have more of a standard mmorpg style( recent examples: Firefall and APB.)
  15. I played that. Awesome.
  16. I would call it a MOFPS, it's far from massive.
  17. I didn't choose what they call them. I always thought Online Shooter was fine, but some seem to want to be called mmofps nowdays.
  18. Well they're wrong. MMO strictly refers to game with a multitude of servers accommodating thousands of players with persistent data. Tribes, as with any other online FPS, simply connects people together on an ad hoc basis to play ordinary matches.

There are some actual MMOFPSs emerging, such as Firefall, which has a large open world and PvE gameplay.

Edit: I didn't actually notice that you mentioned Firefall above, however you labeled it as an MMORPG. RPG elements are almost always intrinsic in MMOs these days.

To clarify; Tribes is an online multiplayer FPS, Firefall is an MMOFPS and games like WoW can just be called MMOs (or "MMO games" to be pedantic).
    HylianNinja likes this.
  19. I was just to say that... Mari0
  20. Happy Wheels. Nuff Said.
    Happeh Wheels.jpg
    totaljerkface.com/happy_wheels.php