Found persons stuff in Nether

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by lightgear456, Jul 19, 2012.

1. In real life that may be true but it may also be the glowstone of a person who never reads the forum and is keeping his stuff there for a semi-safekeeping.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  2. I see your point, but I still think the way that he handled this was the best option, otherwise, simply walking by the items and leaving them may have put enough time in to have them despawn. It only takes (I believe this to be accurate) 5 minutes total combined time of anybody having that chunk loaded for the items to despawn. At least this way somebody gets the stuff.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  3. we dont know how long the items could been there
  4. 7 stacks of glowstone is nothing..i would first not say anyting on the forums for people to lie and have it
    Biscuitboy5396 likes this.
  5. Hey guys I have found the person and for the record I would of kept it but I didn't want to be accused of grefing
    CambriaKilgannon likes this.
  6. i would pm a mod before moving or taking the items
  7. I checked the live map to make sure that no one was coming back for the items but I had no wood if I had I would built a chest and put the stuff in there but to take it to town and post a thread was my best bet and now I have found the owner of the stuff
  8. oh so the stuff was all drops?
    Not in a chest?
  9. Yea all dropped on the ground if it was in a chest I wouldnt of touched it
  10. ah i see :) well it cant be your fault if you happened to accidently walk over these items and pick them up :)
  11. whos was it anyway? they must be really luky to get it back :)
  12. for securtiy reasons I'm not saying but if you go to my res (if you find it) you will find out
  13. I was in the nethers. Is it smp3?
  14. I once found a pile of stuff at the bottom of a cliff in the Wild. I sat and watched Live Map for quite a long time to see if anyone was coming towards it. It was pretty far out so anyone coming towards me would have obviously been coming back to get their things. But no one came.

I think a lot of people die and they have absolutely no idea where they were when they died. I hear it all the time: "I found a couple of spawners in a cave, but I died."

The Nether is even worse. I use Rei's Mini map and still have a hard time getting from point A to point B. I always go back, but trying to get back to a particular spot before your stuff despawns isn't always possible.

To top it off, a lot of people don't understand that the items only despawn after someone comes back into the chunk again(at least that's my understanding), so they just write it off and leave it.

If you hung around a bit and someone had come out, you could have given the stuff back. I think what you've done is beyond what should be expected of you.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and LZBZ_DW like this.
  15. guys i found the stuff on smp6 and the stuff is being claimed by its owner now
  16. Finders keepers! :cool: I once found a very expensive Jewellery peice and sold it for £1,000.