[Forum Game] Game of Thrones Predictions - 100,000 Rupee Prize

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Feil, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Grand Prize: 100,000 Rupees split between everyone who guesses correctly.
    How to Enter: Guess who you think will sit on the iron throne when the show finishes in it's sixth episode, and have at least one sentence explaining why.

80,000 Rupees donated to the prize pool by Tbird1128

I'll start:

I personally think Sansa will sit on the iron throne in the end. Jon and Dany may be killed in the battle for winterfell, and Sansa has definitely evolved into a strong leader in S8. If Jon and Dany are killed she would be the next best fit for Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.
    luckycordel, Foxy_Kitty and Tbird1128 like this.
  2. I can add a donation to make the rupee prize larger if you would like.
    luckycordel likes this.
  3. Sure, PM me.
  4. Donating 80k to bump the prize a bit ;):rolleyes::p
    luckycordel and Foxy_Kitty like this.
  5. Iron Throne
    The Prediction
    Jon and Daenerys will rule over the Seven Kingdoms together - maybe they'll establish some kind of constitution, I bet they'll create a unified standing army, turn the SK into a federation rather than a loose confederation. The White Walkers will cause the political system of Westeros to start to move towards a democracy, and Westeros will need a long time to rebuild.

Why?
    In the 1300s, Europe was overpopulated and the unlanded classes had to deal with high unemployment, immense competition in the tiny job market that existed back then, but this was ideal for the landed class because they got easy-to-get, practically free labour, and didn't even have to give the worker job security. The Black Death spread all across Europe and killed a huge portion of the unlanded class. This caused freed up land, made jobs easier to get, wages grew, food was plentiful. The landed class was forced to stop enslaving the unlanded class, because the landed lost all of their power. That change in power balance fundamentally shifted the way everything worked and set Europe on the path to democracy, and the distrust in the Catholic Church (disease doesn't come from earthquakes or from being in the presence of Jews, who knew!) it caused led to the Protestant Reformation.

The White Walkers will take the role of the Black Plague. We saw that The Citadel knows how to cure greyscale in Season 7 when Sam stole the books and cured Jorah, but have been saying ever since they were created that greyscale has no cure - they do the same with White Walkers, magic in general, etc. The Citadel will take the role of the Catholic Church. I have no idea how they'll show that though lol

As for Jon and Dany...

In 1688, William of Orange, the stadtholder of the Dutch Republic, and Princess Mary Stuart invaded the Kingdom of England to overthrow King James II of England/King James VII of Scotland. The English Parliament negotiated a new fundamental agreement with William and Mary that was added to the English constitution - Parliament reigned supreme over the monarchy (and Catholics weren't allowed to be the monarch anymore, and the monarch wasn't allowed to marry a Catholic *which was a rule only abolished in 2015 lol*... but not relevant). They took Scotland off James too and Mary saw England and Scotland unified into Great Britain (against Scotland's will... again, not relevant) twenty years later.

There's no Parliament or anything, but I think Jon and Daenerys will see some kind of constitutional thing to strip the monarch of the Seven Kingdoms of at least some of its power, and will probably make it elective (Holy Roman Empire style). It's been alluded to that Rhaegar Targaryen/Daenerys's brother/Jon's dad was planning to do this before Robert 'STOP THIS MADNESS IN THE NAME OF YOUR KING' Baratheon caved his chest in with a hammer on the battlefield.

Sansa

Sansa won't rule The North or the Seven Kingdoms. Since Edmure Tully lost the confidence of literally everyone at the Siege of Riverrun and there's now a power vacuum because Arya Stark killed all of the Freys who were ruling... Sansa will become the Lady Paramount of The Riverlands, on merit of her mother being a Tully. Sansa Stark will probably become Sansa Tully.

The Westerlands is an awkward one. Cersei is going to die. Jaime will too, probably. I don't know about Tyrion. All the other Lannisters are dead and I don't know who'd inherit, because the show has absolutely disregarded minor lords.

The Ending
    Grand Maester Samwell Tarly, having reformed The Citadel and order of the Maesters, finishes writing down the story of the War of the Five Kings, Mance Rayder's Invasion, the Battle of the Bastards, Daenerys's conquests in Essos, the Golden Company's last job, and the War for the Dawn (sorry... 'the Great War' as the show calls it for no reason). Maybe he'll be married to Gilly and little Sam will have little little Sams of his own. Sam goes to sleep and never wakes up.

Probably none of this is will actually happen but it's been my theory for a while.

also all of the dragons will die
    luckycordel, Foxy_Kitty and Feil like this.
  6. In fulfillment of the prophecy, Jorah Mormont is Azor Ahai and uses the Valryian steel sword 'Heartsbane' given to him by Samwell Tarly to mercifully kill a mortally wounded Daenerys Targaryen during the Battle of Winterfell. Jon Snow commands the armies of the living and dragons who ultimately defeat the Night's King. Jon's Targaryen heritage is revealed to all and he eventually ascends to the Iron Throne and marries a queen out of political expediency, not love; doing his duty as he has always done before. Jon honors Dany's wish to "break the wheel" by allowing the north of Westeros to rule itself and not bend the knee. Sansa becomes Queen in the North.
    luckycordel and Feil like this.
  7. 26 hours till we get our hearts ripped out, who do you think is going to die in the battle?
  8. I'll keep it short, Arya Stark on the iron throne.:rolleyes: Never know!
    • Tormund Giantsmi-bane
    • Beric Dondarrion
    • Eddison Tollett
    • Most people in the crypts (the WWs resurrect dead people - let's put everyone in the crypts, where all of their dead relatives are, it's SAFE!)
    • Alys Karstark probably dies and there's a moment of "OH MY GOD THEY KILLED SANSA?" and turns out no it's a different ginger.
    • Maybe Gendry, but I always saw him being legitimised and becoming the Lord Paramount of the Stormlands.
    • Podrick Payne. He'll be knighted by Ser Brienne as he dies, since he always wanted to be one and was Brienne's squire. Which will be a shame really, there's not many characters with hearts of absolute gold left (not that there was many to begin with) and I'd like that to stick around for a while longer. Plus, when repopulating Westeros, Podrick will be in high demand.
    • Winterfell itself. Hopefully there's something special here. Winterfell has been built up as this city that's hiding something and was built by the same Stark who built the wall and Storm's End, which has never been sieged successfully and there's a layer of magic around it. The wall was also enchanted until Bran got touched by the Night King - so why he went into Winterfell, our south at all, I'll never know.
    It'll be a huge lovable side character killer I think. Our mains are safe until Episode 4.
    Hashhog and luckycordel like this.
  9. Taken from the YouTube comments section of one of many GoT fan theories videos:

luckycordel likes this.
  10. Everyone dies and a pheasant ends up taking the Iron Thrown.
    luckycordel likes this.
  11. I don't think a bird is qualified to run the Seven Kingdoms. I presume it'll be heavily, almost entirely reliant, on its council? I don't know, man, your theory seems quite... out there.
  12. Bump now that we have ep 3.
  13. I got three death predictions right at least :p (Beric, Edd, and Alys is in the Godswood with Theon and is killed by wights off camera)
  14. We all know who the true victor of the Game of Thrones will be.

EDIT:
    In the pheasant's defense, Robin Arryn is Lord of the Vale.
  15. I think I have an unpopular opinion about episode 3 honestly. I actually liked the episode. The shot of all the swords on fire getting snuffed out by the army of the dead as the dothraki charged, the wall of wights smashing into the unsullied. There were a lot of common sense issues with the episode like Sam somehow surviving after needing to be saved like 7 times in the episode, and the dothraki randomly charging.
  16. How dare you.

Robin's bones so strong an axe can't cut them - all that calcium was being drunk for a reason. Robin himself is so strong that he has the power of an army in his pinky alone. Robin destroyed Winterfell before the Night King ever did and the only reason he ran from Sansa is because he was afraid of his power if he retaliated.

Don't come after him like that or I will hurt someone.