Flash games that would be good as console releases?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 607, Jul 10, 2022.

?

How much did you play Flash games in their heyday?

Not at all. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Once a month or so. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Weekly. 2 vote(s) 100.0%
Every day. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

I was wondering if there are any Flash games that would be good as console releases. I'm not sure if there are many games on EMC, but maybe some people would like to consider this.
    One problem is that to warrant a physical release, the game would have to be reasonably expensive, and to justify its price tag, it should probably be at least 10 hours long (when 100%ing it). None of the Flash games that I've played were that long, though, except for Super Mario 63, which couldn't be released because of its using copyrighted material.
    I was considering Ragdoll Cannon; there was apparently once a paid version with 120 levels... maybe? I never saw it for real, but I had a demo of it. Let me know if you know about it. ;) If it had a level editor, it could be pretty good... but Ragdoll Cannon really works best with a mouse. Same for Cover Orange... there was a mobile port which had lots of levels, but I don't think the game would work well with a controller.

Lots of Nitrome's games would work well with a controller. In fact, Nitrome's launched a couple of games on Switch. I would love a physical release of Bad Ice-Cream, actually, with lots of levels, and of course multiplayer capability.
    Fireboy and Watergirl would be cute, and when bundling all the releases, would have a reasonable amount of content, probably, but it is a problem that it requires two players: all games should have a single player mode, probably.

Didn't Ducklife get a mobile game at some point? It could maybe have a release on Switch... not physical, probably, but a download title would be neat to see as well.

Any other considerations?
  2. This is not a game, but having Line Rider on the Switch would also be really cool! ... although I'm not sure if that program would work very well without a mouse.
    Having written this thread, it seems like there's good reason for there being little to no Flash games on console. :p
    Uphill Rush or My Dolphin Show, perhaps? :) I'm not convinced. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯