Feb 12th update

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Lol. If entities won't flow in Water unless you're standing on top of them, there's not much use in Hoppers. Most Wheat farms have a longer flow than 8 blocks.
  2. Just a suggestion, whatever....
  3. Issue is fixed and will out in tonights update.

It seems they overloaded the is in water check for items/exp orbs and I didnt handle those functions the same as I did the other.
    mba2012 and Pab10S like this.
  4. Im not sure what to say about adding 412 blocks to wild chat...i kinda like the small range
    DogsRNice likes this.
  5. I think it's mainly for large outposts, basically the LLO and some others that I can't really recall. :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  6. So you don't like having potential to chat with someone while in the wild and not a supporter? well, /ch off works for that.

As far as updates,
    -move restriction on using residences reversed... wasn't the best of ideas :p
    items in water flowing fixed

Also:
    • Town will now receive broadcasts when a new player has finished the last question of the tutorial, so players can go greet the new player when they exit.
    • Bats are now spawnable in town from Eggs bought in /shop.
    • Bats and Squid will not despawn in town.
  7. Why couldn't we have that during disguise craft lol?
    Nole972 likes this.
  8. It does't seem right to me...having 512 blocks of local chat seems to stretch the idea of vanilla but what would i know i'm not a mod or admin:)
  9. Completely vanilla servers would have server wide chat, regardless of location.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  10. "Vanilla" is one chat for the entire server.
    *edit* ninja'd >_<
  11. I like it. I play a lot at a base in the Wild that is maybe 1000 blocks square. When I'm near others working in the Wild, I'm often just outside of someone's range. It's a hassle juggling PM's or switching between PM's and Local.

You'll still need to be aware of who is in your Local chat range if you are trying to be low profile. If you are well away from Spawn, this shouldn't be a problem.
  12. Uh yes don't you remember we did have server wide chat then came local chat so back at you
  13. The thing is... You might not be a supporter and want to tell your buddy something, but don't want to send a pm, so someone you don't want to hear your message might hear it.... Other than that, this will help catch griefers possibly, great job Aikar! (Lol... I've typed in Aikar so many times on my ipad it's jn the dictionary and automatically capitalizes the A...)
  14. There was a discussion few months back to bring it back, but anywho....
  15. Umm, I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. Wow this is what you don't understand When the server first started the chat was combined wild, nether and town so....
  17. ....add global chat.
    - add ability to /leave channels (was also discussed)
    -????
    -Profit
  18. All i am saying is 512 blocks seems a bit too much for me but whatever
  19. I got that. What does that have to do with the extending of local chat not being vanilla?
  20. All i said it seems to be stretching the border but we have our own opinions.