Favourite Band? Musician? Music Artist?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hoi, Sep 2, 2012.

1. I like Maroon 5, The Wanted, and alot of other artist.
    I dont really like rap, but I love edub-changed my mind.
    I like all movies, I am not picky.
    I really like fiction books, and historic writings.
  2. I guess nobody likes what I like :)
  3. speaking of Sia... hope you all listen to her solo albums and her work with Zero 7

as for me, last night I saw Covenant, The Breakup, and CTRL live:

you can youtube other vids, Covenant is amazing

on the total flipside, i hit up the record store the other day and picked up these albums:

Brandi Carlile - Bear Creek
    Anna Ternheim - The Night Visitor
    Joshua Radin - Underwater
    Amy Cook - Summer Skin

and I have Sera Cahoone's new album from Sub Pop coming to me in the mail...

I know we have a lot of young people playing on EMC and this is the generation of the mp3. Possibly the first generation to never step foot in an actual record store. I may sound like an old fart, but I implore you... if you love music, even if it's something like Nicki Manoj or Skrillex, keep exploring music and go to record stores and talk to people about music... you will find that there are endless amounts of fantastic albums out there going way beyond your wildest imagination.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  4. if anyone on EMC ever wants to talk about music then hit me up because music is my #1 love and i listen to just about every style of music... although i really don't like dubstep although i have heard a couple dubstep tracks that weren't so bad, but in general i would much rather listen to drum n'bass or any number of other electronic music styles of dubstep
  5. You sound so old...
  6. I would guess that I'm probably twice as old as 85% of the players on EMC but I can still kick some ass and I have a huge record collection.... actual records but also cds/mp3s too lol
  7. Good I'm not the only "miner" who likes dubstep and house..... I love Skrillex and Deadmau5 and Nero and also The Black Eyed Peas.

Bangarang, Weekends, Disco Rangers, Golden mummy Golden bird remix and off course Ruffneck and Kyoto by Skrillex
    My favourite Deadmau5 track must been Ghost and stuff.
    Promises by Nero.
    Imma be, Do it like this, Where is the love and Just can't get enough from The Black Eyed Peas.
    I also like Florence+the Machine. Especially Spectrum and the Weeknds remix of Shake it Out.......
    There you have my music:)
    MissMadison910 likes this.
  8. if you say you're into dubstep or deadmaus.... please check these out:

9. I don't wanna know
  10. Eminem
    Breaking Benjamin
    Skrillex
    Deadmau5
    Coldplay

I like most rock and some metal songs, I admit i'm not a beatles fan but i'm a liverpudlian; you can't go anywhere without hearing some good ol' liverpool sound and most of it is catchy.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  11. Amazing.
  12. gangnam style. 'nuff said.
  13. supereskimo likes this.
  14. Foo Fighters. My all time favourite. Been to every Australian tour since 1999.
    AC/DC.
    Led Zeppelin.
    Metallica.
    Iron Maiden.
    Kiss.
    Red Hot Chili Peppers.
    Skyhooks.
    Daddy Cool.
    Def Leppard.
    Slipknot.
    Meat Loaf.
    The Eagles.

I have seen the majority of these bands live and many many more I haven't listed =]
  15. 'nuff said.
    MissMadison910 likes this.
  16. BTW: Have to say that I also like Coldplay and some Norwegian bands:)