Favorite Drop Party Configurations?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WayneKramer, Aug 20, 2015.

1. So I'm going to be planning a drop party and I have a res I'm going to build it on. Does anyone who has been to a bunch of these have recommendations on favorite configurations? Is it best to build them huge so everyone isn't bunched up together or smaller and let everyone be all tight and close together?

Any recommendations welcome. Screenshots or links to builds would be cool too.
  2. First: drop parties can be fun but also frustrating. You will risk leaving many players with nothing and some players can become more disappointed than others over this.

I'd try to spread it out a little, build a nice redstone clock to trigger the droppers (or dispensers; always fun to give fire charges away like that ;)) and let them gather around.

I'm no expert, but I think CakeMaster0702 (on SMP2) still has her build there and I think it makes a nice example. When that event took place many players really enjoyed themselves. Might give you some ideas...
    Qkazoo07 likes this.
  3. tbh what makes a drop party different/better is the way you set it up. Ive gone to ALOT of drop parties and everyone just stands somewhere and throws everything but no one wants that. When I host mine I use dispensers & hoppers to give the stuff out evenly and its fun to watch them run around beneath you too.
  4. it's been taken down it appears :(
  5. I'll pay someone 100k to help me build a drop party on my res. PM me if you're interested.
  6. You need a randomizer. Super easy to make and will randomize which droppers activate so you don't just have people standing and jumping. I've been to a few DPs now and I'm grateful for anything I received but I don't like the way most are. I to need to find a way to make it more then who can jump up and down more.
  7. definitely. plus I'd also like an item randomizer so I don't have to randomize them in the chests.
  8. I'm not a huge fan of drop parties, personally. However, cdjs's drop party a few months back really captured my attention. It was laid out in a hedge maze.

I wouldn't suggest copying the idea (unless you get permission) but try to make it original - if you do something that nobody has done, it's going to be much more well-received.
  9. yeah, i just wanted to give away a bunch of stuff in a fun way

someone should build a public drop party res that's a great configuration and let folks rent it out