Favorite Book and/or Series?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Adderwolf71, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Serie: The Walking Dead
    Book: Harry Potter
  2. I think you messed up on that one. Harry Potter is a series.
  3. oh i thought series = Tv
    Book = Well, Book/bookseries
  4. LOVE THOSE BOOKS! they need ponies, though. nobody noticed the gray text<---
  5. Favorite book series: The Young Bond Books
    technologygeek likes this.
  6. I've read really a lot of books! The first book I read in English ( by the way I'm German ) was "Artemis Fowl" from Eoin Colfer , which I really love :) other books I like are "Die Kinder des Dschinn" from P. B. Kerr, in English its I think " Children of the lamp" I wish I had more time to read!
    PRO_G4NGST4 likes this.
  7. Artemis Fowl is a great series. The lost colony was awesome, although I was slightly butt-hurt about not seeing Minerva again... ;)
    IronicSwordPlay likes this.
  8. Lord Of the Rings, favorite books and movies, and so on and so on, but i also enjoy jules verne ( i'm french, how can't I ? )
  9. I've read both- now dont go insulting my likes. Warriors is good, so is inheritance cycle.
  10. I am fond of too many books to list, so here are a few:
    The Harry Potter series
    The Mistborn trilogy
    Supergods
    The Lord of the Rings
    Johnathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
    Crime and Punishment
    World War Z
    Anthem
    Animal Farm
    Fahrenheit 451
    Something Wicked This Way Comes
    Frankenstein
    King Lear
    Hamlet
    Othello
    Macbeth
  11. Inheritance, Artemis Fowl, Warriors, Percy Jackson, Pendragon, Gregor (With the underground nation and stuff),
    Harry Potter, and 39 Clues.

Though, my favorite out of all of them? Artemis Fowl.
  12. That would probably be my 2nd favorite series. I read all of the books.
  13. The Mistborn trilogy was interesting. All of the works of Tolkien hold some fascination for me.
  14. I enjoy The Inheritance Cycle, I do wish however the ending was executed better than it was. For me the ending was rather disappointing.
  15. Series: The Hunger Games
    Book: Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay
    Cordial_Pie likes this.
  16. Hmm, I read a lot, so have more favorites than I can name, but I'll toss a few series titles out for the sake of contributing. Not all of these are really life-changing reads, but are books I enjoy coming back to and reading again and again:

The Clan of the Cave Bear series by Jean Auel is a perennial favorite of mine. The first three are the best, and it kind of peters out after that, but I first read the series (what was written of it, anyway) in my late teens and I keep rereading it every few years because I enjoy it so much. I'm a fan of prehistoric fiction, and am interested in botany, so her novels are a perfect blend for me. She spent tons of time on research and it really shows. :D

The Darkover novels and the Mists of Avalon books by Marion Zimmer Bradley are among my favorites as well, but I adore pretty much all cheesy 70's sci-fi and Arthurian novels in general.

HHGTTG, LOTR and pretty much anything Ayn Rand even breathed upon -- 'nuff said.

Also, an honorable mention for Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game series.
  17. I read a lot & some of my favorite books are

The Hobbit
    Lord of the Rings
    Chronicles of Narnia series
    Screwtape Letters
    Hit List: An In-Depth Investigation Into The Mysterious Deaths of Witnesses to The JFK Assassination
    The Odyssey (by Homer and no, his last name wasn't Simpson)
    There's a decent trilogy by Patti Larsen that starts with Run (The Hunted)...It's alright and I recommend it.
    Catcher in the Rye
    A Prayer for Owen Meanie
    Bless Me Ultima
    Fahrenheit 451
    Great Gatsby
    Beowulf (maybe some day we'll get a really good movie adaptation)
    The Moose Jaw
    Death on the Wolf

Some of my favorite authors are:
    Tony Hillerman
    Matt Hilton
    Lee Child
    CS Lewis
    Robert Ludlum

Way too many favorite books/authors that I'm not thinking of.
    margaritte likes this.
  18. Books:
    Blood & Guts in High School by Kathy Acker
    Like Being Killed by Ellen Miller
    Paradoxia by Lydia Lunch
    Notes From Underground by Dostoevsky
  19. Anything other that The Hobbit and LoTR I find to be way too complicated.