Faith Inc. Opening 1515 Mall 28/09/12

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Faithcaster, Sep 25, 2012.

?

How do you like the Mall from 1 - 5? 5 is the best.

1 9 vote(s) 17.6%
2 3 vote(s) 5.9%
3 3 vote(s) 5.9%
4 13 vote(s) 25.5%
5 23 vote(s) 45.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The one votes is from mr2/hes alts. Becuse i Said this Mall would replace 1783 when he's building aswell
  2. ..What?

EDIT: Yes, probably because MR noticed.

Anyway, I won't be discussing this further, just thought I'd let people know that you ripped off my design. :)
  3. I agree with Alex. It looks so simple and looks like you just tried to put in as many Diamond Blocks as possible.
  4. This thread needs to take a different turn soon. No one owns any design on minecraft.. its a game guys. If one person chooses to use something you made, then be happy. It should be flattering that they find your design good enough to use. However, outright accusing someone of "stealing" your idea is a little on the obscure side here. The building still had to built. Its not like he took shortcuts to make it, and its on a different server unless Im mistaken.

Also..

If you are going to complain about how many "1's" you will get , dont put a vote. Some people will not like what you are doing, thats just a given. If you feel like you need to say things like "thanks for gaining me haters" then you probably should not poll the public opinion.
  5. That's why I said I would not be discussing this further.

Yeah he did take shortcuts - not think of his own ideas, mate.

Anyways, I can't be bothered. Not flattered at all, just disappointed (once again) that this happened. Minecraft is somewhat about originality in my mind, and no, I never claimed to own this idea.

Faith should definitely not be given credit or congratulated that's for sure.

A fellow member of your team also agrees with the fact that copying is lame and ridiculous... anyways, good day. No point arguing on here seeing as nothing will happen except a temp-ban possibly and all the staff saying that I should be "flattered."

I will leave with this though, hopefully with this example the staff might actually realise what it actually is: Imagine someone completely stole the aspect of EMC. Code, forums, servers, everything. Literally everything and called it "Commonwealth Craft" and took potential players off of EMC - are you saying that you would be flattered?

Good day to you.
    Jeanzl2000 and thestar19 like this.
  6. I do not understand why you are getting so upset.

BUT

People try to "rip-off" the success of this server and servers like it everyday. The site.. you think this site is difficult to make? Its Xen-Foro, it looks EXACTLY the same in every site that uses it. EMC was not the first Minecraft sever, are we ripping the guy off that made the first public one that was big? I do not think so.

The thing is, I understand, I would not be exactly happy if someone stole my idea and gave me no credit. But at the same time, I would just make sure that my business stayed good and my name clean, and keep my place better. I would not worry about the other guy.

It honestly looks worse on you to make big public scenes like this, when it would be better just to keep your shop in ship shape.

Your places look similar, got it.

But so what?

Do what every successful place does, just be better. I buy Coke instead of off brand soda, not because of any real reason, except it tastes better to me. So, just instill that it is better to shop at your place. You are making mountains out of mole-hills, and there is no reason to come and attack another person in their thread. Your frustration is understood. But at the same time, IF ( no accusations here, because two pictures sell nothing to me) he has copied your work, its not like we can just tell him to tear it down because you built it first.

So why raise the ceiling over it? You already pointed out in your post he was receiving "1's" so just let the public find out. If its truly "ripped off" people will know. But no good character is shown when a person goes out of his way to make another look bad. If its the kind of person you believe you are better than, they will do all of the work for you.
    krysyyjane9191 and Spiffiey like this.
  7. Your design was copied because it was c0ol.
  8. Believe me, I have discussed this many times with Faith, he has failed to give credit each time I ask.

Exactly - you would be angry. I'm saying what I think, I do realise that I'm making it public and I don't want to, but at the same time I'm not going to watch everyone compliment the building I design. Not to mention, he writes on a sign "Design by Robot_chicken_66 and Faithcaster" right at the entrance.

I'm not gonna lie and be modest - my place is better, I upgrade 4005 every few months to keep it fresh, each time it's copied in a new way. Now I mean, other places have used similar designs, but the screenshots I posted are almost exact replicas excluding swap arounds, ect.

The screenshots are real proof, I don't get why that's not enough for you to see when it's right in front of you, but whatever floats your boat.

Like I said before, I was not going to make a massive public debate, hence I quoted what I said earlier. I'm sorry that this had to branch out and turn into a massive scene, but don't blame me for continuing it.

EDIT: Just before replying, sit back, think about something being stolen and how angry you would feel, not to mention how angry you would feel when all you hear is "be flattered," you would not be flattered and if you are, we're obviously too completely different people but don't lie, say what you think.

EDIT 2: Also...

9. PM me your response and delete posts, please.
  10. I made the sign Mall Design By Alexchance.
    Then my two other owners was unhappy and i changed it again...
    Seems like they want credit, my thoughts on this is:
    All Enterior On 1515 Is Copyed Aroud 65% From 4005(Alexchance)

I'll set that sign for you again and i wont take it down and write flase informations to the sign in any circumstances again!
    AlexChance likes this.
  11. Thanks :)
    Jeanzl2000 likes this.
  12. Any Moderator, please close the thread.
    This has gone out of topic to much, first that guy being angry at me then mr2 and now Alex.
    Sorry for the copying Alex, and sorry MR2R2M For Calling this the replacement for 1783, No harm ment!
    EDIT: Alex please un ignore me, and let me explain why i've done this.
    AlexChance likes this.
  13. I don't think that there's any need to close it - just waiting for ISMOOCH to delete our posts so we can take it to a PM.

All that matters for me is that you don't get credit for other people's work. :)
  14. I'm sorry but i just got into a bad mood after all this, i don't care if people vote one.
    I'm opening in two days and alot needs to be done and with my head at Alex & Mr2 dosent like me... It's just sadness...
    Sorry man for all this Alex, i understand how you feel when you see someone copyed your design
    Tryed it myself with my enchantment store / 1111
    AlexChance likes this.
  15. All good.
  16. Is this done ?
    I need to explain some things to you before continueing with 1515.
  17. It's fine - I can't stop you - continue.
    Faithcaster likes this.
  18. You just stopped me.
    *Sorry! you're being ignored by AlexChance*
  19. Argh... you are hurting my eyes...
  20. Fellas, cool down and play nice. This is just a game and copying 'is' the highest form of flattery.

Dont believe me? walk around any smp server and count how many people have cobblestone castles, or circular towers etc.....

Originality is great, but theres only so much you can do with cubes :p

I look forward to have a well stocked store on smp1 again!
    Faithcaster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.