[EXTENDED VOTE] 18002 SMP9 Spawn Residence Usage

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FDNY21, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Emerald pyramid. If you won't I will. But put something inside it. Like a public villager trading space! (Hence the emeralds)
    FDNY21 and Gadget_AD like this.
  2. Emerald pyramid. It would look strange if on three corners of spawn, there were pyramids, but the forth was something completely different, it would look strange.
    jkjkjk182 and FDNY21 like this.
  3. There's already like 12 pyramids by spawn lol
    Jcplugs likes this.
  4. Counter to that is there is no emerald one yet ;) Still looking for more opinions on both sides!
  5. As I said ingame " It's your res do whatever you want" but seeing another Ore pyramid surrounding Smp9 town spawn with unque theme in it would great. Anyways good luck to your decision.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  6. Pyramid for the win
    FDNY21 likes this.
  7. Ever been in one of those neighborhoods where you see a house that just doesn't fit in, and that image sticks with you? Yeah, you don't want to be that house. :p
    Tradition is important to many cultures, and it is clear that tradition is important to smp9. In a way, when you claimed that res, you knowingly entered yourself into an obligation to complete something awesome. Your desire to be unique is clearly having an issue with that, hence this thread.
    The pyramids are just a shell to how people view smp9. The way I see it, the pyramids are a form of symbolism. It shows a connected and active server community that values tradition, but will help you make your place unique while sticking with the tradition. That is why you are seeing a good amount of non forum regulars pop into this thread.
    While pyramids may not be the most exciting or creative builds in themselves, it comes with prestige in this case.

Who overall are you building this (this as in emerald pyramid with museum, or different styled museum) for? yourself? Smp9? EMC as a whole? If you are building this for EMC as a whole, and don't have smp9 high in the priority list, I think you have chosen the wrong res. If you are doing this with smp9 high on the priority list, then you should go on smp9 and ask around chat about it. Without doing that, you will get a heavy bias. If you are doing this for yourself, then this thread is useless. You already have an answer, but you are still looking for it.

And finally, I suspect that your museum is about EMC. EMC is very community oriented. I personally would find it rather inappropriate to try to portray EMC in your museum, but then go against the grain of the community that you are in.

But realize that your original post is slightly flawed. While you require extensive reasoning for a persons idea, you already provide one for people who vote emerald pyramid.

This is condensed reasoning to be in favor of the pyramid.

This post is very disorganized, and I apologize for that.:oops:
  8. Hollow emerald pyramid with a museum inside.
  9. Yes, I was originally going to do it. But after asking some people, I noticed there were split decisions, hence this thread :)

Your post was very strong. It tells me that Smp9 is what it is and seems to have this tradition. I am not building this for me, I want to build something that actually means something - I created this thread after the original plan because not I thought the plan could change but others could have their say is the future of the residence.

Many of the 9ers do actually want this pyramid built, and I shall end on this; I have noticed many other Smp's having someone building a museum of their own, whether it is a special item museum, a museum toward things that have happened on that sub-server or just an MC museum in general - so this gave me the idea that Smp9 needed their own museum, one which which can portray special items and perhaps special events that people want to see or know more about ;) While doing this for Smp9, I am not saying people from other servers cannot come look, it is open to all, but close in tradition.

Saying that, the build will go on. This thread is not on hold, and you may still explain your reasons if you have a change of heart.

Special thanks to jkjkjk182
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  10. I like that pyramid with the diamond, gold, iron etc. Its also great to be apart of it by donating some blocks, just got the perfect villager too :) i also want to build a coal pyramid once I get gold supporter
    FDNY21 likes this.
  11. EDIT: The vote is over. Due to IRL reasons, the pyramid project has been handed over to cheesehead88 and gjbrock1998. Good luck to them!