[EVENT SUGGESTION]

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CraftyCosmic, Dec 27, 2017.

?

Yay or nay?

Yay 2 vote(s) 100.0%
Nay 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. My idea for an event would be an item dig, where players dig through a large space for chests and other goodies, such as beacons, ore blocks, etc.

Perhaps add some kind of temple thing in the bottom that needs some items scattered around to open, revealing a treasure trove of loot?

Maybe also change the blocks used, to make it harder or easier?
    We3_MPO likes this.
  2. We've done this before, but the issue we have is that players tend to download the event before we can start and therefore gain an advantage. Been looking for a way to make this not an issue other than not letting the community anywhere close to the event res until it's live (i.e. hosting on games server, which comes with its own issues with 1.13 update looming).
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. It could be a firefloor styled event, with plenty of help from admins.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. Maybe like the event world like the Halloween world and xmas world where you set access to that world once the event starts? That way everyone has a fair advantage.
    586, We3_MPO and FadedMartian like this.
  5. I agree with all of this,

I like the idea of doing it on games, or like finch said, doing it in the Event world, but either of those things have their own downsides as well. Plus, if it's on either of those things, people won't have to worry about inability to attend due to being in an outpost on that SMP.

Overall, I like the idea, but I don't think it should be in a regular part of the major SMPs, or anywhere on utopia.
  6. Why not just use renamed blocks that can be turned in for items. Like what was done at the big pumpkin event where we dug up the floor. This way if they download the world they won't get an advantage.
    586 and We3_MPO like this.
  7. I like that idea too.
  8. Yeah we do those events from time to time. It's the best method we've found...
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. Thing is, if the renamed items have lore or something to prevent duping, people could just take them and hoard them, but I guess that is just the nature with special items.

2ND THOUGHT- If it were on the games server, then the item could not be taken out of the server, and the item could be mailed instead, and mail cannot be used on the games server!
  10. The only issue with the games server is the way that it is deployed. You have to build on the stage world, then deploy to the games server. Once 1.13 comes out, in an effort to not break the games that are able to still work currently, we will have to prevent any of this deployment. That's really the only issue. Now that being said, we have other ways. And I'm looking into these more.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. Well my thought was like what happens when a new area is released as far as i am aware it is copied from stage.

Now this could take awhile so perhaps if you filled the area with the filler blocks to As few blocks as possible will be pasted

(and to prevent people for just looking for the gaps fill in the spots were special blocks will be the filler block as well
    i dont think this would take any longer than just replacing empty spots with the blocks
  12. It is easy to do as a player-hosted event, too. Just get an empty res and dig down and place some chests/blocks, then fill the gaps.

EDIT- For admin-hosted events, the event could be surrounded by bedrock or something, and the blocks could be randomized from a pool.
  13. Bedrock wont stop players in creative if they download the world

also i dont think its possible to randomize the blocks if any are renamed
  14. how will players download the world?
    and yeah, It’s just hypothetical.
  15. Theres a mod that alows you to download a servers world
  16. oh okay
    1 command block
    just instant kill all players in a certain radius if they do not have a certain score. But mcedit...
    Let’s just keep the server away from the public.