[EVENT] Spookfest!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ChickenDice, Oct 12, 2015.

?

What's a good time for you?

2:00 PM emc time 3 vote(s) 13.0%
3:00 PM emc time 0 vote(s) 0.0%
4:00 PM emc time 4 vote(s) 17.4%
5:00 PM emc time 3 vote(s) 13.0%
6:00 PM emc time 13 vote(s) 56.5%
  1. What Hour (EMC time) will this start? I'll be gone on the day of the event from around 11 to maybe 1-2 ish
    ChickenDice likes this.
  2. The event will start 6 PM emc time :)
  3. A little bit under 5 hours to go! :D
  4. 1 hour until the celebration begins! Remember, the event will start at /v 18435 on smp9!
  5. To bad I can't come.
    ChickenDice likes this.
  6. If you'd like I can save you a left over chest from the drop party. :)

Thanks to ShyNub for the donation of a headless horseman mask and SkeleTin007 for the donation of an assortment of different items, it'll go towards bat capture prizes!
  7. Yes.
    ChickenDice likes this.
  8. We are still doing the maze (second event). You can join :)
    ChickenDice likes this.
  9. Wild race has begun. Coords are -28000, 63, -16000!
  10. Very good event ChickenDice and happy 666th day! :p
    Thanks for the good event too.
    ChickenDice likes this.
  11. The event is over and overall I would have to say it was a huge success! It was me and Butler's first event so it was more of learning experience and we'll definitely make some changes when we do this again (I'll talk about future plans a bit more down in the post). We only had one or two bad noodles and besides that everyone followed the rules, I was very impressed. If anyone is curious, winners of the events have been added to the second post. :)

Next time I will definitely take more screenshots- I only took three of the live celebration as it was a bit hectic and in the heat of the moment I forgot to take as many screenies as I wished to.

Screenshots:

Remains of the Pumpkin Spleef- xHaro_Der won!

Aftermath of the drop party!

Chin showed up along with his creepy conjoined Steeds!

The was a random picture of the trivia event. Nothing really special but hey, a picture's a picture!

The transition from smp9 to smp3 for the wild race- Boy was this a marvel to the eyes lol :D

Picture of the maze res (maze was underground)

We had six people make it out to me in the wild. Two of which used the overworld, that's 24k blocks! :eek:

Special thanks to the following:
    • ChickenButler- Cohosting and working his tail end off helping me with this event
    • ItsMeWolff- Helping m,e out with the pumpkin spleef and decoration of the maze res
    • NetherWorld666- Helping me out with decoration of the maze res
    • Marshmallower- Helping me out with decoration of the maze res
    • 820327- Helping me with pumpkin spleef
    • Everyone who donated- You guys really expanded upon the prize pool and allowed opportunities for bigger and better prizes
    • RainbowChin- Expanding the res cap to allow more players into the event on last second notice
    If I forgot to add you and you helped, please inform me! :)
    Now that me and Butler know the nature of these things, expect an even better Holiday (December) event. We don't want to spoil anything too soon but right now we are thinking of something along the lines 12 events of Christmas (themed to 12 days of Christmas) with an event each day at different times for 12 days to allow the greatest opportunity for everyone to make atleast one event. Expect a thread in detail sometime in November, we need a short break before getting into everything again. ;)

Lastly, thanks to everyone that came! I hope you guys had a great time and I'd love to hear your feedback about how we can better future events. :D
    CyborgTed likes this.
  12. Was a great event, really liked the bat catching idea!
    ChickenDice likes this.
  13. Did ya save a chest for me?
    ChickenDice likes this.
  14. Sadly missed it... I had some family issue go on and wasn't able to make it :/ But looks like everyone had fun! So that's at least a plus :D
    ChickenDice likes this.