[EVENT(Ish)] Hot Swap, Revamped!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShrinkingMatt, Jul 28, 2017.

?

Do you think you'll take part?

No chance mate.. Weirdo. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I can't wait! Needed something to spice up my evening 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hot Swap!

What on earth is Hot Swap?
    In simple terms, hot swap is a game in which two players share one bucket of lava and a minimal amount of items between them while they hunt for as many resources and specific items they can to earn as many points as they can within a specified time limit.

Where did you think up this magnificent game?
    As much as I'd love to claim I thought of this, I can't. As far as I know it was thought up by a few hermit's. Tango and Zedaph. It is very possible that they did not come up with this game, but as far as I know they did.

So, what are the rules to this game?
    I'm glad you asked! The rules are as follows:
    • Each team must consist of 2 players. No more. No less
    • The two players will have a total of 40 real life Minutes to gather as many resources and special items from the list below
    • Each team must start the 40 minute timer at one of the waste outposts just as they leave, you do not have to return to the waste spawn within the 40 minutes.
    • The most important rule of all is once one the source has been destroyed
    • More buckets may be crafted once iron has been gathered however these may only be used to pick up water sources. Or to milk cows... If you'd prefer?
    • ammate has placed the bucket of lava, they must NOT pick it back up. the other teammate must use their bucket. As you can probably tell, this is what gives the game it's name as you are constantly swapping the lava between you
    • Both members of the team are under no circumstances allowed to use their fist or any item to harm or damage mobs. Mobs may only be damaged/killed using the bucket of lava
    • If lava sources are found, they may NOT be picked up unless the original
    • More armour / Tools / Torches may be crafted with the materials you gather
    • If either team member dies, you may respawn and continue out to the location you died, the timer must carry on however
    What items can the team start with?
    Both players are allowed the following items:

• 1 Iron pickaxe (each)
    • 1 Iron chestplate (Each)
    • 64 Torches (Each)
    • 128 Baked potatoes (Each)
    • 2 enderpearls (Each)
    • 32 Logs (Each)
    • 1x Lava bucket / 1x Empty bucket (One player with the lava and the other with the empty bucket)
    • 1x Shulker box (shared between both players for materials/items gathered)
    What are we looking for and how many points is each item worth?

• Emerald = 15
    • Diamond = 7
    • Gold ore / Ingot = 3
    • Redstone / Lapis = 1
    • Horse armour = 10
    • Name tag = 10
    • Golden Apple = 20
    • Music disc = 4
    • iron ore / Ingot = 0 (Sad)
    When, where and how is this event taking place?
    I have absolutely no idea, this was pretty much a spur of the moment idea. I was thinking wastelands reset maybe? Feel free to post below.
    NOTE:
    I hope if and when people take part in this event, they will be honest with their final score as this is just for fun. I will create a little scoreboard on this thread with every teams high score if you would like it.

Well, I'm pretty sure I've missed something somewhere, if you notice any mistakes or want to ask any questions or even add suggestions before this takes place I'd love to hear them!
    Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings
    Many kind regards, Matt
  2. Bumps! Is no one interest in this fancy sounding event? ;) Maybe half the community is asleep? After all it is almost 1am over here in the UK. I'd love some feedback!
  3. I mean, I'd be lying if I said I was expecting this. I'm hoping a few players are interested?
    Is it because this is only for fun and there's no prize or do y'all just have better things to be doing :p

Annnd lé Bewmp.