[Event] Han Shot First

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by JDHallows, May 4, 2018.

1. May the 4th Be With You
    Special EMC Star Wars Event
    Han Shot First
    Located on /Games in Funland
    The event is over, but the forum thread contest continues
    until Midnight EMC Time tonight!

In celebration of Star Wars day today and preparation for the Han Solo movie coming out in 3 weeks, today's event is a bow PvP event!

In the game Han Shot First, each player will be given a unique bow that gives you the ability to one-shot kill any player you see. Whoever shoots every other player first and is the last one left standing, wins the event!

Note: You will not be able to keep the bow after the event. Inventories are cleared when you leave the Staff Hosted Events res.
    Prizes
    Each of today's winners will be given 500 tokens and a vault voucher.

In addition, each winner will be placed in a drawing to win 1 of 3 Lucky Bows.

A 4th Lucky Bow will be given out today as well!
    Until Midnight Tonight (EMC Time) post your favorite Star Wars quote or scene! A random drawing will determine who wins the 4th Lucky Bow.
    This can be from any of the movies or tv series. The post must either include a typed out quote, YouTube link to the scene, a picture of the scene with associated text, or any other creative way you can share the quote or scene.

Good luck, and May the 4th be with you!
  2. Oooh, fun! I'll try my best to get to it :)

I don't know if this is real or not, but I saved this a long time ago on giphy...

story of my life
  3. and im out
    Tuqueque, Esrik, cubefragment and 4 others like this.
  4. "Let the Wookie Win" :p
  5. My favorite quote: "I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Darth Vader

Of course, Vader is also my favorite character through-out the saga. I was horribly disappointed by how poorly the prequel movies portrayed him.
  6. My favourite is either Chewie or R2D2
  7. My husband says the saga is really all about Chewie and his human pets.
  8. Ooh, this is fun! Sadly, I won't be there. :(
    cubefragment and DrMadFate like this.
  9. There will be multiple event times today, check events.emc.gs to see if you can make any of them :)
  10. I'm so pumped for this!!!

As for favorite scene, there are too many brilliant ones to pick from. (Usually the ones with Obi-Wan or Ahsoka sassing about are really good (and there are so many of those😂) - and that one with Waxer and Boil and Numa, that whole episode is just really heartwarming)

So instead of trying to pick one that's just really good, I'll pick one that always tugs on my heartstrings (and for which I've already written something). This is a short story that's a bit of a retelling of the events on Mustafar; it's still pretty sad, but the ending is quite a bit different. Please enjoy The End of an Age.
  11. “No, Luke, I am your father”

ISNT THE QUOTE

It is “No, I am your father”
    cubefragment, _Devuu__ and DrMadFate like this.

12. From the bounty hunter scene with Darth Vader, we catch a glimpse of the assassin droid IG-88, the Phlutdroid.

Programmed to be sentient, it was the second most-dangerous bounty hunter besides Boba Fett and was among several hunters hired by Vader to track down the Millennium Falcon.
  13. Okay, thx
  14. Sooo, one in the chamber?
  15. I'll try and make one of them today!
  16. Similar in style, yeah.
    cubefragment, DrMadFate and Sachrock like this.
  17. So far this has been super fun lol
    If y'all can make it to the 6pm or 9pm you definitely should :D
    Tuqueque, Sazukemono and DrMadFate like this.
  18. ooooooooo, I May possibly be fourthed to join in to one of these should I return in time today...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
  19. I made the 10am one and almost won a round.. Keep up the good work there and hope everyone that’s been to it had a good time.
    Eviltoade and cubefragment like this.
  20. I can't make any of the times, will be asleep before work. But I hope all have fun.

Here is my my favorite quote from Master Yoda.

"Truly wonderful the mind of a child is."

– Yoda