[EVENT & GIVEAWAY] Benthebobjr's 7th Year

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by DaybreakerMC, Aug 12, 2019.

1. So, the forums say I joined on August 13th, 2012. Which means August 13th, 2019 will be the start of my 8th year on EMC, and the end of my 7th year. So, I thought it would be a wonderful idea to host an event... because why not? Last event I held regarding my time on EMC (if I'm correct) was my 1000th day party, way back when. It was a drop party that featured parkour in leveled difficulties. This time I decided to go all out parkour. The great Sefl asked me little over a week ago to make parkour for his stream, and seeing the opportunities for the parkour I did as he wished. That just means you may have already seen the parkour at the event he hosted about a week ago. If you haven't, here's a quick rundown. There are three difficulties:
    Easy - "oh I don't want anything too difficult, just give me what any 2 year old can do."
    Medium - "I'd like a challenge, but not a super spicy one, just a mild one."
    Hard - "I'm what you call a parkour expert, so give me something I'd consider simple."
    Nightmare -"I was born in Hell. Raised in fire. Nothing fazes me."
    Angelic - "i want die"

Now that we all know what we're dealing with, it's time to talk about the prizes. Oooo yay prizes. In order to claim a prize you will need to complete one of the difficulties. After one person has beat any given difficulty, that checkpoint will open. So yes, if one brave soul beats Nightmare, everyone gets access to Angelic. To make it even better, you get to choose your prize for most of the levels. Without further or due, the prizes:
    Easy - Everyone who beats this will get 1,000r!
    Medium - Your choice of either a Blizz Ard Limb, Cupid's Bow, or 15,000r!
    Hard - Your choice of either a Holiday Axe, Shear Madness, or 30,000r!
    Nightmare - Your choice of either a 2019 PPP Krysyy Head or 'Happy 6th Birthday EMC!' book!
    Angelic - One of the five Purple Power Armor chest plates from the 2017 PPP.

Yeah I'm throwing the PPP Chestplate in the prize pool. If anyone beats Angelic they more than deserve it. That being said, the number of prizes equals the number of possible winners. So three people can beat Medium, but each next person will have one less choice for a prize.

So what about that giveaway tho eh?
    What is being given away? 2018 Birthday Cake
    (yes I know it isn't the most prestigious prize, but boo hoo. It marked EMC's 7th birthday, so I think it's cool to give it away on my 7th)
    How does one enter this giveaway? Easy. Maybe. Yes, easy and simple. I have many plans for the parkour res, one of those is expanding and creating more parkour courses underground. The first one I have planned is "Head Parkour", which is yes, normal parkour with heads as the jumps. Thing is though, I need heads. Duh. If you'd like to enter the giveaway, all you need to do is donate your head to the "Head Donation" chest on the parkour res. The accounts of all the heads entered in the chest BEFORE August 13th at 23:59 EMC will be entered into the giveaway. ALTs are allows. Oh but Ben that gives an unfair advantage to people who pay money to get more accounts. Well yes, it does. Do I look like an all-knowing being that can tell who's account is an alt of who though? No. So alts are allowed. Multiple heads of one account, or the same account but with a previous username will only be counted once. I hope everyone understands, and I can't wait to force people to jump on your heads.

So when and where?
    When: August 13th, 2019. Running from 17:00 - 20:00 EST/EMC.
    Where: 19721 on SMP9. Move perms will remain OFF until 16:59. If you want a waiting party, use 19891 or something else that's beside the res.

I hope to see a bunch of people there! I also apologize in advance if I hurt anyone with my parkour. It's said to be...
    "The HARDEST parkour on EMC!"
    SkeleTin007 and _Goatz_ like this.
  2. Thank you to everyone who came out for the event! The past 7 years on EMC has been amazing, and I can't wait for the next few! If you beat the parkour and got a book, please mail it to me so I can give you your prize. Some books haven't been mailed yet, which beings some prizes are unclaimed.

The winner of the giveaway is: Deadmaster98
    Congradulations!

Special mentions:
    - Jewel_king for being God incarnate when it comes to parkour.
    - Burki for doing all of the easy level while going backwards.
    - Everyone who tried their hardest to beat Easy and Medium, even if they couldn't.
    - Appleton, Midnigh19, and SourKey for helping moderate the event.
  3. for refference, i spent a few minutes on angelic and didnt get passed jump 1
  4. I'll be there, can't wait! :D
    benthebobjr likes this.
  5. Great event, thanks for hosting :)
    benthebobjr likes this.