[ERROR?] Continuously disconnected due to "remote host"

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by We3_MPO, Mar 29, 2017.

1. My mom's account, Echelon815, and this account, are disconnected with a "forcibly closed by remote host" error every few minutes if they try to play. It happens whether both accounts are on, or only one. It gets very annoying. We don't think it's our internet because everything else works just fine on our end. We have been experiencing this for several days, and it has annoyed us to the point that I am asking for advice.

We tried resetting the modem a few days ago, which didn't work. Restarting our PCs didn't work either. What should we try next, and what is the likely cause of the issue?

Thanks in advance. We hope you will help soon.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. maybe firewall? not good at this type of things...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Does this happen on other servers as well?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Try and connect directly with smp#.emc.gs and see if that helps. Sometimes the network route to play.emc.gs can be the issue.
    Equinox_Boss and Tuqueque like this.
  5. That isn't the issue.

I don't play on any servers other than EMC, so I don't know yet.

Doesn't help.

Just a few minutes ago, I also took spontaneous damage of 3 HP.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Unfortunately the issue is on your end. Maybe an issue with hardware acceleration. If it is happening on more than 1 PC I would venture to guess it is your router. It is outside the scope of this forum to help with that but a Google search for your routers make and model and hardware acceleration should prove helpful.
    SirTah likes this.
  7. You have this backwards lol, the reverse is true
  8. Not for me. I get far better connection/ping when not using play.emc.gs Though I tend to default to play.emc.gs at least to start with.